New wheels (sort of) and 325's on my Black Beast

R1Lello

Established Member
First I want to say....from day one when I had these on order I was tossed, tungsten or black........kept them Tungsten to match my stripe and the thought of " I should have gone black " was always in my head...............so after months and months of thinking, I got the emails going to Asanti and they agreed to redo in gloss black so off they go in March.........then, I always wanted wider meat and unfortunate for me ($$$$) there is only one manufacturer that makes this size and they come on the AMG Mercedes SL65. 325/30/20......nice and fat ( Section of 13" wide ) and 27.7 tall...........to me, this is the perfect tire............
So while at Asanti, they were able to widen my 10.5's to 11's which is the min. recommended for this tire and they did it to my backspace specs.........no rub, no sticking out.....nothing but a perfect fit.............I'm so proud of my measurements. ( Just in case I had 1/8" spacers ready but not needed).
so judge for yourself..........20x9's and 20x11's with Dunlop Sportmaxx GT in 325/30/20

Special thanks to Asanti, Nic@ Curtis Custom Wheel in B.C. (the middleman) and my friend Mike at Xtreme Tire Garage. :rockon:

BlackAsanitisonmycar2010004.jpg

BlackAsanitisonmycar2010009.jpg

BlackAsanitisonmycar2010011.jpg

BlackAsanitisonmycar2010014.jpg

BlackAsanitisonmycar2010013.jpg

Last edited:

BigDan

Established Member
I wonder if these tires would fit nicely with widened 2011 SVT 20x10's Maybe it would be overkill stock but might a good idea around 650whp+ and look nice if you didnt want to drive around everyday on DR's

R1Lello

Established Member
I wonder if these tires would fit nicely with widened 2011 SVT 20x10's Maybe it would be overkill stock but might a good idea around 650whp+ and look nice if you didnt want to drive around everyday on DR's

yup widen them to 11's.....like you, I don't want DR's for everyday

Last edited:

rlhay2

Established Member
Very nice!

I've been keeping my eye on those tires. Waiting for the price to drop though...

chimazo

Established Member
Great job on the fit/backspacing! I'm sure you were a little nervous about f-ing up things when there was nothing wrong with what you already had...

R1Lello

Established Member
Did you need to do any modifications to the fender wells to fit 325s??? Looks awesome

Very minimal......did trim a bit of the bump stop bracket......and a bit of the shock soft plastic before I rec'd them....after it was done I could have left the shock but it's ok, QA-1's going in anyways. Otherwise......went well.......I have a good understanding of backspacing and offsets so my confidence was very high. Went just for a quick spin and no issues at all including the turns..........not really even as tight spaced as I thought it would be. I'm very pleased.
thanks for the compliments guys!

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
Great job on the fit/backspacing! I'm sure you were a little nervous about f-ing up things when there was nothing wrong with what you already had...

Nope.......nothing wrong but wasn't what I wanted to complete satisfaction.......and personalizing is what it's all about right? I was a bit nervous due to the funds involved but was confident in the end result.

Joshua484

Established Member
I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!

Can you get me the information needed to do the same with my Asanti wheels?

Also could you squeeze another 1/2" of wheel width back there? So they would be 11.5's?

Josh

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
Can you share the "SPECS" or is it top secret? I am not great with B.S. and offsets, would never be able to figure it out on my own. Looks AWSOME!!! But I can't afford Assanti to begin with, so maybe I could use the specs for a wheel that is better priced for me. Thanks for any info you can give.

R1Lello

Established Member
Can you share the "SPECS" or is it top secret? I am not great with B.S. and offsets, would never be able to figure it out on my own. Looks AWSOME!!! But I can't afford Assanti to begin with, so maybe I could use the specs for a wheel that is better priced for me. Thanks for any info you can give.

PM sent.......remember design of wheel and mount has some effect on the numbers:beer:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
That is the perfect sidewall. I want the NT-05 but it just seems too tall.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!

Can you get me the information needed to do the same with my Asanti wheels?

Also could you squeeze another 1/2" of wheel width back there? So they would be 11.5's?

Josh

One of the guys on Team Shelby (Super Snake forum) widened his rear Alcoa's to 12" and used a 335. He said that when he full compressed one side of the suspension and not the other, one side slightly grazed the inner fender well area, so if he were to do it again, he would do 11.75" with the 335 tire install.

R

R1Lello

Established Member
Asanti and Alcoa's..........don't even bother comparing.......the offset to start with are completely different. Bottom line with Alcoa's they stick out to start with and that can't be changed and that's the 1/2" difference. What Lee did is good but the face of the outside always passes the fender line when ever you look at it........but he did good too with his Alcoa's......

Users who are viewing this thread