New wheels question

ekimv

Established Member
I am looking at a set of Konig Hotswap - Opal - Opal w/Carbon Spokes - 18" X 9.5" - 25 - 5/114.3. They are pretty hot looking, but, I don't know too much about (alright Bruce, anything?) wheel sizes or offsets.

The link I have looked at is 1010tires.com Shopping Cart - Buy Tires, Wheels and Accessories. If anyone could steer (pun:rolling:) me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Or if anyone has a set of wheels for track use (not to worried about nicks and such) I am interested.........

Thanks!:beer:

ekimv

Established Member
CCW's, can he make something other than what Bruce has on his hot rod, I don't want to say the are God awful looking, but my God, has he looked at them?:poke:

What I am looking to do is have two sets for track use and one for the occasional road ride. I have two sets of R wheels, now I want the third for the just track rides. I looked at his site, he has some good looking stuff!

I wonder how big and what type of offset I can go with. I have seen some really cool looking wheels, but don't know if they can be run on the track.:dancenana:

ekimv

Established Member
I am working with the folks at True Forged to see if they would create a set of wheels that I could run on track that would give them good visibility. It would be an opportunity for TF to have their wheels seen with a great deal of enthusiasts.

I let you know how it goes. If it works out I will post some photos.....

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
I am working with the folks at True Forged to see if they would create a set of wheels that I could run on track that would give them good visibility. It would be an opportunity for TF to have their wheels seen with a great deal of enthusiasts.

I let you know how it goes. If it works out I will post some photos.....

So what matters more to you - functional track wheels or something that looks really nice? True track hos are usually more interested in performance - and at a reasonable price - which is why numerous racers go with CCWs. I am not saying other companies can't make a good product that may be better looking, but you might have to pay more if it's a one-off. Plus there may be reliability issues.

If you don't like the standard black CCWs like Bruce's, do you like the silver ones I use? John is pretty creative on different options so you may want to talk with him.

By the way, sorry I didn't get to see you after the enduro Friday but wanted to thank you again for all your help Mike. Outside of the minor clutch issue we were pleased with how things went (finished 4th out of 19).

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
im doing a set of 2 piece 16x8 polished Chicanes for a hard core road raced datsun 240sx right now. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread