New wheels on the Cobra - Opinions?

mike.b

Established Member
i think the chrome stockers look better on that color. i like the 10th wheels but i think they are better suited for black/red/silver and maybe redfire.

hammerhead2

Established Member
Thanks for the opinions guys. I am still making up my mind on what I want to do. I do like these wheels on here though. The matte black suggestions are certainly an idea. I do like the looks of 18s better but the stock 17" size suits my purposes better. I do intend to lower the car but when I get cash to spend on it I typically buy go fast parts instead lol.

hammerhead2

Established Member
Lol well I know this c5z isnt beating up on any ported cobra's anytime soon. We should set something up I would love to see the difference now.

Yeah that'd be awesome. Holler at me sometime the day before and I will drive the cobra to work so we can meet up. It wouldn't take much for that Z to catch back up.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
17" 10th Anniversary wheels look way to small for that body style.

If those were Chrome 19x9" front / 19x11" rear. That would look amazing.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Yeah, too small, and too dull. That yellow needs chrome. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE those wheels and even did a 5 lug swap on my 89 simply to use those wheels, but on a yellow cobra, they just don't work.

Mikeyb619

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Last edited:

hammerhead2

Established Member
Thanks guys. I knew these would be a questionable choice with most. I actually plan on ending up with CCW Classics eventually (or maybe RTS Alumastars). For now I'll sport these for a little bit then probably pick up a set of deep dish factory 5 star replicas in 17" to go on the car.

On a side note the 315 MT Drag Radial 2s I had mounted the same time I put these wheels on are pretty impressive and hook better than I expected.

Users who are viewing this thread