New Wheels For The G8

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Ever since I found out that no one makes a 19" drag radial what will work on the factory wheels, I knew I'd need to buy another set. For a while I threw the 17" wheels and drag radials from my Z28 on the back, but I'm sick of the two different wheel look and the tall tire out back was killing my 60'.

As much as I would have liked to spend big money on wheels, I couldn't see buying expensive (to me) wheels for a car that I daily drive and sees all kinds of weather (minimal snow, but even that on occasion). I got around to ordering up a set of wheels and tires and the wheels showed up tonight. I went with XXR 531's in hyper silver, in an 18x8.5.

3ec253dc-949d-40d0-a587-8b38643feb9e.jpg

59395dca-c99b-4b71-92bf-fcf20607dfd1.jpg

I also ordered up some new tires all around. Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials for the back and Mickey Thompson Street Comps for the front.

6f5e2f2a-a052-46e9-9e03-f24a32852733.jpg

I'll post more pics once I get them on the car.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Get them on the damn car already Ron! haha, can't wait to see how they look!

I got my car back together with the rear end finally, drove it today for the first time in 10 months! I'm back finally lol

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Get them on the car I wanna see lol. Im thinking about some xxr wheels myself

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
Nice man. Hey just curious when you ordered them. I ordered the same wheels for my brothers talon and haven't heard anything about em still..

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I'm gonna try to get then mounted up this week, I'm dying to see them myself :banana:

I originally ordered them in chromium black, but after thinking about it a while, I think the silver will look better on the red.

If anyone is curious, my bathroom scale says they weigh 24 lbs each.

Get them on the damn car already Ron! haha, can't wait to see how they look!

I got my car back together with the rear end finally, drove it today for the first time in 10 months! I'm back finally lol

Congrats, must feel great to drive it again! What gears are in it now?

Nice man. Hey just curious when you ordered them. I ordered the same wheels for my brothers talon and haven't heard anything about em still..

I placed the order April 9th as a pre order through Next Level Motoring, since the 18's weren't out yet. I was originally told to expect them to ship late May or June, and then on May 3rd I got an email saying they should ship May 29th. When I got home from dinner tonight they were waiting for me.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I'm gonna try to get then mounted up this week, I'm dying to see them myself :banana:

I originally ordered them in chromium black, but after thinking about it a while, I think the silver will look better on the red.

If anyone is curious, my bathroom scale says they weigh 24 lbs each.

Congrats, must feel great to drive it again! What gears are in it now?

I went with 3.73's. They seem to be a good happy medium lol.

24lbs is real light, hopefully they are strong too! I think the silver was a great choice.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible 4G

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Thanks guy! I'm gonna do my best to get them mounted today. If I'm able to, I'll post pics later.

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
I placed the order April 9th as a pre order through Next Level Motoring, since the 18's weren't out yet. I was originally told to expect them to ship late May or June, and then on May 3rd I got an email saying they should ship May 29th. When I got home from dinner tonight they were waiting for me.

Well theyll be getting a call from me on Tuesday. I pre ordered mine in February!!

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I had a wheel stud break on the d/s rear, hence all of the pictures being of the passenger side, lol. I'm really happy with how these wheels came out, and even more happy that I don't need to freak out about them since they were extremely reasonably priced.

The best part is that now I have slightly better gearing than my old drag radials, the wheels match all the way around, and it hooks very well.

Go easy on me, I'm the farthest thing from a professional that there is when it comes to taking pictures, lol.

image-4.jpg

image-8.jpg

image-10.jpg

image-6.jpg

image-11.jpg

image-7.jpg

image-12.jpg

image-9.jpg

image-5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread