New wheels for the cobra!

SVT Tyler

Established Member
Found myself a staggered set of BBS RK's. At the beginning i didnt think they were plasma finished because texting pictures can be decieving. Since the wheels saw rain and probably snow which is why one of the rears is peeling bad. I plan on bringing them back to life anyways. Only one spot of rash and a slight bend on the lip which can be fixed easily. I guess these were known to peel sooner or later depending on how much the person drives and if these see rough weather. Here are some pictures!
003_zps9247d02c.jpg

BBSRKpeeledwheel_zps783f9dc9.jpg

BBSRKotherrearwheel_zps1c28c112.jpg

BBSRKfrontwheel_zpsef50de35.jpg

BBSRKfrontwheel2_zps789c87f7.jpg

scarlett98

Established Member
I hate you, I have a set at work right now but I need one more 18x10 because they came off a wrecked car and one was smashed in the crash.

SVT Tyler

Established Member
Im just trying to dig where to find a place i can get them done! and damn thats horrible you will find it think positive! hows your coating?

scarlett98

Established Member
The 3 that are good and in near mint shape the fourth is beyond repair. The plasma finish is awesome I thought about seeing if I could get them to sell me one so I can use em

itSSlow98

Established Member
Its the 18x10s that had the peeling issue. One of my plasmas almost peeled completely and now I had to plastidip them. Rechroming is a grand that I dont have and it sucks. They are gonna look great on your car though! Ive almost sold mine a few times but im scared ill highly regret it.

SVT Tyler

Established Member
I actually did research bbs didnt use chrome on these because this stuff peels like paint. Plasma is vaccum metalized because i guess chroming is illegal in germany? Thats what bbs told me. Ill find a way but im never letting these go i cant stop looking at them!

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Congrats. When I was looking into redoing one of my wheels I came across a place in Bath PA that does a PVD chrome process. This process matches the original BBS finish perfectly. Check them out at: Wheel Collision Center Bath PA- Excellence in Refinished/Used Factory OEM Aluminum Alloy Wheel Rim Sales & Alloy Wheel Rim Straightening Repair Refinishing & Recycling! - www.oemfactoryrimwheel.com Excellence in Refinished/Used Factory OEM Aluminum A

I will tell you the original plasma finish is VERY delicate.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
those wheels are junk, they are going to cost you way too much to get them back to showroom quality to match your car. If you need to get out of them, I can PM you my address

those are going to look great Tyler, cant wait to see how the plasma looks with the laser :thumbsup:

Helomech74

Established Member
Congrats. When I was looking into redoing one of my wheels I came across a place in Bath PA that does a PVD chrome process. This process matches the original BBS finish perfectly. Check them out at: Wheel Collision Center Bath PA- Excellence in Refinished/Used Factory OEM Aluminum Alloy Wheel Rim Sales & Alloy Wheel Rim Straightening Repair Refinishing & Recycling! - www.oemfactoryrimwheel.com Excellence in Refinished/Used Factory OEM Aluminum A

Those guys did a set of the center sections on my 16" BBS RS's. I had them done in their Black Chrome finish and they looked amazing. Very durable finish, no pitting, flaking or anything.

Shake&Bake

1998 Triple Black Cobra
Established Member
Those guys did a set of the center sections on my 16" BBS RS's. I had them done in their Black Chrome finish and they looked amazing. Very durable finish, no pitting, flaking or anything.

I even noticed the finish they use is a little thicker which smoothes out the spokes a little nicer.

SVT Tyler

Established Member

Shake did you do the pvd chrome?

brucesvt

Established Member
I hate you you bastard(i know every sn95 cobra owner will tell you that) lol jk...Congrats on the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread