New wheels and tires...slow leak...

KonaFifty

Established Member
Got my new wheels and tires mounted up, TPMS sensors trained fine (got them from American Muscle). Now I have a slow leak on 3 wheels. What is the problem? Are the sensors faulty? Or is it the mount job? Im aiming towards the sensors though as American Muscle shipped me the wrong sensors 3 times and now this...any input?

greenscobie86

Established Member
I'd start by spraying soapy water on the valve stem. Then around the beads of the tire. Might take you a bit of time but thats a surefire way to find leaks.

Always the possibility of having 3 nails in the tires already, while unlikely but I've seen weirder things happen...

EDIT: Silver_Coyote beat me to it

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
Got my new wheels and tires mounted up, TPMS sensors trained fine (got them from American Muscle). Now I have a slow leak on 3 wheels. What is the problem? Are the sensors faulty? Or is it the mount job? Im aiming towards the sensors though as American Muscle shipped me the wrong sensors 3 times and now this...any input?

Hey Kona,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the sensors I'm not entirely sure how that managed to happen on our end! If they're still acting up take them down to a local tire shop of your choice to get looked over. If you're incurring any labor costs to get them looked at save a receipt and send it over to me and I'll have it put right back onto your card!

Alex

Angry50

Established Member
Hey Kona,

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the sensors I'm not entirely sure how that managed to happen on our end! If they're still acting up take them down to a local tire shop of your choice to get looked over. If you're incurring any labor costs to get them looked at save a receipt and send it over to me and I'll have it put right back onto your card!

Alex

nice service I would do this. but to me it sounds like something to do with the valve stem TPMS.. let us know

KonaFifty

Established Member
The valve stems aren't sealing correctly. Even before mounting the tires I had it tightened all the way down to where I could not turn it anymore. I even added locktite to the valve stem piece that screws on. Seems like it is coming loose somehow or the rubber seal isn't completely sealing the air. I got it now to where I have not seen any bubbles coming from the stem. Will ride it out for a few days and see if I still get any slow leaks.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
The valve stems aren't sealing correctly. Even before mounting the tires I had it tightened all the way down to where I could not turn it anymore. I even added locktite to the valve stem piece that screws on. Seems like it is coming loose somehow or the rubber seal isn't completely sealing the air. I got it now to where I have not seen any bubbles coming from the stem. Will ride it out for a few days and see if I still get any slow leaks.

Yikes! This is definitely irregular. If it's still persisting and you're uncomfortable driving it don't hesitate to let me know or shoot our customer service team at call at 1-866-727-1266 and we'll get this sorted!

Alex

Users who are viewing this thread