New Wheel Spacers

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Got the H&R 25mm wheel spacers and installed 'em Friday niht! Lemme just say... :thumbsup:

I couldn't decide between the 25mm (1") or the 30mm (1-3/16") units. I called and the guy asked what rim I was running (stock Cobra) and what tire size & brand (275/40 Nitto DR), and he suggested the 25mm as being the best bet and most popular for my combo.

I took his advice and... WOW!
I REALLY like how it moved the rim/tire closer to the fender lip!! I really didn't think the 1" would make that big of a visual difference... but it sure did! This will work out just great until I get aftermarket rims/tires.

I'm glad I didn't go with the 30mm... I think the 25mm really put it at it's max... unless you have the SVO fender lips... then I'd go 30mm.

I took some pix, but it wasn't a digital camera, so sorry I don't have anything for you all to gauge.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Originally posted by GR8WHITE
Neato! :) Want to show us some pics :)

I got some on the regular camera, and as soon as I finish off the film, I'll scan some. Gotta take some more pix of something... There is a big car show this weekend, so I'll probably burn it up there.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Can you do some before and after shots?
With a detailed explanation of how the spacers actually work, and torque specifications. ;-) LOL

Seriously though, before and after would be neat.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
I put one side completely on, took pics at about 3 different angles, then took roughly the same angle pics on the other un-done side.

Torqued to 96ft. lbs. with the Craftsman Digitork torque wrench :coolman:

Cobrahandler

Established Member
i'm thinking about doing the same thing to my 94 cobra. did you uses the stock lug fasteners and do you have any viberation problems?

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Yes, stock lugs. However, it didn't happen this time, but it has a couple other times during rims on/off... (pre spacers), I'd pick up a few spare lugs at the dealer (they're dirt cheap) cuz I've managed to somehow srtip out a lug just enough to where it won't go back on the stud. I think I have one spare myself at this point.

Have not noticed any vibrations... I just made sure I *carefully* torqued in the sequence and ammount instructed.
I can see how they'd maybe bend easy if you reef on 'me too much... but mine seem to be fine.

\\Tim

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by SVT X 2
Got the H&R 25mm wheel spacers and installed 'em Friday niht! Lemme just say... :thumbsup:

I couldn't decide between the 25mm (1") or the 30mm (1-3/16") units. I called and the guy asked what rim I was running (stock Cobra) and what tire size & brand (275/40 Nitto DR), and he suggested the 25mm as being the best bet and most popular for my combo.

I took his advice and... WOW!
I REALLY like how it moved the rim/tire closer to the fender lip!! I really didn't think the 1" would make that big of a visual difference... but it sure did! This will work out just great until I get aftermarket rims/tires.

I'm glad I didn't go with the 30mm... I think the 25mm really put it at it's max... unless you have the SVO fender lips... then I'd go 30mm.

I took some pix, but it wasn't a digital camera, so sorry I don't have anything for you all to gauge.

I thought about getting these but really need to go to 315 DR's after my next project is up so don't want to basically waste the money. I bet it looks great.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Re: Re: New Wheel Spacers

Originally posted by Booyah

I thought about getting these but really need to go to 315 DR's after my next project is up so don't want to basically waste the money. I bet it looks great.
A 315 DR would be SWEET!
I figured these would gimme the look I was after unitl I get rims... kinda like the 18" chrome Saleen's and (of course) the chrome '00 R's :coolman: And it might be a bit cuz I'm gonna make 'er faster first! :-D

\\Tim

Cobrahandler

Established Member
what kind of rims do you have? i've been told these spacers have problems with some of the stock Cobra rims fitting properly.
particularly the 94-98 wheels.

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobrahandler
what kind of rims do you have? i've been told these spacers have problems with some of the stock Cobra rims fitting properly.
particularly the 94-98 wheels.
Factory stock '94 Cobra wheels that were issued to the car!

What problems have you heard??

\\Tim

Cobrahandler

Established Member
i heard the wheel had a lip or protrusion that interfered with the spacer. it didn't make sense to me. if it fits the axle flange..it should fit the spacer!
wondering if anyone else had any issues.

Users who are viewing this thread