new wastegate location

SYMach9184

Established Member
i have a hellion kit on my car with a 4" downpipe and wanted to change my turbonetics 38mm wastegate to a tial 44mm. the problem i have is the tial is much larger than the turbonetics so i cant mount it in the same spot ,it hits the downpipe. does it matter where on the up pipe i put it? if anyone has any pics that would be great. thanks mike

SYMach9184

Established Member
idk was told by a few people that car could have "boost creep" with the smaller wastegate. i already purchased this a few months ago so i might aswell use it.

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
idk was told by a few people that car could have "boost creep" with the smaller wastegate. i already purchased this a few months ago so i might aswell use it.

You may actually have issues with the Tial since there really is no spot to fit it properly the way the Hellion kit is setup. You wont see any boost creep with this gate unless you have a wacked controller.

No boost creep issues here with the Evolution gate. Solid Orange line is boost

carlosdyno.JPG

Mike@TCI

Established Member
www.atpturbo.com does sell a 38mm standard 2 bolt gate flange adapter for this application. Adapts to a V band 44mm flange, although I doubt you will have room for this with the Tial gate. I do know Turbosmart offers a low profile design for their gate, compared to a Tial. Best bet if you are set on doing this, is to have someone make a 90* adapter that would place the gate parallel to the downpipe, and also fab a 90* dump tube to face the exhaust gas dump down towards the ground. If your going to go to those lengths though, you might as well just place the gate elsewhere on the up pipe. Anywhere on the pipe that you have plenty of room to fit the gate, will work.

SYMach9184

Established Member
thats what i wanted to know that anywhere on the up pipe will work. i have a few ideas of how im going to set this up if i do it. thanks alot

Users who are viewing this thread