New VS our 13-14 GT500's

stanger1

Established Member
So I went go look at the new Steve McQueen Special Edition Bullets that a Local Ford Dealer just got in on Saturday. They got two identical cars, full blowers, Nitto tires, the works.
As in $98,000. 775 Horse power.
As I was looking at them, and talking to a couple of the sales men, I mention that I had a 2013 GT500.
One salesman said oh this Bullet will blow my 13 away massively. I called BS.
He was saying a 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, which the website says 3.4 secounds, but he was going on and on. I said the 2013 was shown to have a 0-60 in 3.5 seconds on the 285 stock tires.
He was going on and on about this car was faster than anything under 1/2 million dollars.
I said Bull shit. Several I could think of. He was just full of himself.
I just can't believe the koolaid that some of these salesmen are drinking these days.
The new Bullet is very nice, but $98,000?

Snoopy49

Established Member
That's the car that Steeda @ McQueen Racing modifies.
2019+Steve+McQueen+Edition+Bullitt+Upgrade+Pricing+-+Retail+-+Price+Level+_B+V2.pdf

SME Brochure-1.jpg

SME Brochure-2.jpg

Attachments

• 2019+Steve+McQueen+Edition+Bullitt+Upgrade+Pricing+-+Retail+-+Price+Level+_B+V2.pdf
    170.5 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:

scotp71

Established Member
I agree 100%. Pick up a used 13/14 gt500, throw a few $s at it and get the same performance and then laugh all the to the bank with the extra moola you have left over.

KENS96M6

Established Member
One salesman said oh this Bullet will blow my 13 away massively. I called BS.

He was going on and on about this car was faster than anything under 1/2 million dollars.
I said Bull shit. Several I could think of. He was just full of himself.
I just can't believe the koolaid that some of these salesmen are drinking these days.
The new Bullet is very nice, but $98,000?

Salesmen being salesmen! Not surprised. They are nice cars but 98,000 is a lot of coin in MHO!

Last edited:

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Unless there is a problem with the Shelby, I would keep it and forget about the S550.

I sold my '13 GT500 and I have been regretting it ever since. As soon as my Challenger is paid for, I am going to see if I can find a 13/14 GT500.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
By the time you have 98K tied up in your 13, the " Steve McQueen Special Edition Bullets " won't be able to touch it..

stanger1

Established Member
Oh I have no thoughts of getting rid of my 13.
I just thought it was funny how Sales people will talk about the latest and greatest, then 5 years later, they talk shit on the older car when the older car is still pretty dam good.
I don't recall if the new Bullet is using the Tremec trans, or does it have the MT-82?
If it's the MT82, hopefully they built it.

RBB

Established Member
Salespeople are generally uninformed, or just outright lying in order to try to make another sale. Even worse are many of the people you'll run into at car shows. I rarely frequent them for this very reason, but went to one with a friend of mine last weekend. A guy was there with a new Corvette Z06 Carbon 65 Edition. Very cool car, which I'm sure we can all agree on.

We went over to have a look and were immediately greeted with the owner rattling off some of the most ridiculous stats I've ever heard. His most ludicrous claim was that this was the fastest production car 0-60. I didn't want to embarrass the guy in front of others, but at this point I couldn't hold back my laughter. It's amazing how uninformed many "car guys" are in general, because many of those listening to this blow hard rattle on seemed to be very impressed by his claims.

01yellercobra

Established Member
Salespeople are generally uninformed, or just outright lying in order to try to make another sale. Even worse are many of the people you'll run into at car shows. I rarely frequent them for this very reason, but went to one with a friend of mine last weekend. A guy was there with a new Corvette Z06 Carbon 65 Edition. Very cool car, which I'm sure we can all agree on.

We went over to have a look and were immediately greeted with the owner rattling off some of the most ridiculous stats I've ever heard. His most ludicrous claim was that this was the fastest production car 0-60. I didn't want to embarrass the guy in front of others, but at this point I couldn't hold back my laughter. It's amazing how uninformed many "car guys" are in general, because many of those listening to this blow hard rattle on seemed to be very impressed by his claims.

I went to a car show last month and there was a guy with an anniversary edition Trans Am. It was the one with the blue rims. He proceeded to tell us his was the only one with kevlar fenders and hood. And it has seven computers with one main computer running it all. Oh, and when he first bought it the front seats were stolen. So he had to pay $10,000 to get new ones complete with Ferrari leather. I think he saw the look on my face so he started talking to my son. Who knows more than this guy. I just walked away.

RBB

Established Member
I went to a car show last month and there was a guy with an anniversary edition Trans Am. It was the one with the blue rims. He proceeded to tell us his was the only one with kevlar fenders and hood. And it has seven computers with one main computer running it all. Oh, and when he first bought it the front seats were stolen. So he had to pay $10,000 to get new ones complete with Ferrari leather. I think he saw the look on my face so he started talking to my son. Who knows more than this guy. I just walked away.
That's pretty much all you can do when dealing with some of these salesmen and car show idiots....just turn and walk away.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
Love to roll up on a 775 HP Bullitt...my GT500 torque would KILL the Bullitt ..anywhere on a street roll. Anywhere . A guy " desk bragging" about racing a 775HP car off a red light versus another equally powerful car on the street....on street tires..... is a fool I'd stay away from. Or..I'd show up with my Shelby & ask him to get in the demo Bullitt, get our of his salesman jacket and see if he can even drive. But NOT from the dead on a public street. That's just silly. A stock Bullitt is a 12.9 113mph car...my buddy owns one. Compare that to a stock '13 GT500. A highly modified 775Hp Bullitt can only be compared to an FBO GT500. You did the right thing telling him exactly what you said ...BS :)->) .

Last edited:

Blkblk13car

Established Member
Salesmen aren’t car enthusiasts they’re salesmen. Even if they love cars they don’t bring that to work. Good example was I stopped by a Mazda dealer awhile back to look at the Mazda 6 since I had one when I was a teenager and loved it.

I wasn’t looking to buy I had a Camaro 1LE at that point but didn’t drive there in it that day. The salesmen started asking if i was sure I could handle the power of the V6 mazda6 and when I was looking at a speed3 they had he was saying how it was a racecar. Meanwhile i had gone there on my GSXR600 which is an actual used in races- race bike.

Users who are viewing this thread