New VMP TVS owner

calebdnehus

Established Member
Thanks for following up. I owned an 03 Cobra over 10 years ago, and the ported eaton and 491rwhp was as far as I ever got. I now have a 2015 GT that I'd like to put a positive displacement blower on. They are great daily drivers with the torque.

She's definitely got some torque. I'll upload a PDF of my dyno sheet but I think it started around 3k rpm and held about 400ft-lbs all the way to 6.5k. Was really hoping for higher number but only running the 85mm pulley is probably why I only hit 550. I also have no restriction on my exhaust since it's long tubes and catback. I bet I'm only running 7-8 psi. Boost gauge will be in tomorrow and hopefully I can find out then

wjfawb0

Established Member
Is your car auto or manual? I need to spend some more time reading the forums. Old age, work, and kids make it difficult. :D

calebdnehus

Established Member
What are other supercharged coyote owners getting for mpg? I feel like mine is lower than normal, I'm getting about 14-16 according to the car. Computer says I can get 240 miles to a full tank

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
What are other supercharged coyote owners getting for mpg? I feel like mine is lower than normal, I'm getting about 14-16 according to the car. Computer says I can get 240 miles to a full tank

Haven't paid attention to the tank but mpg is 18-19 with the email tune. Previous experience has shown a custom dyno tune will get considerable better gas mileage. 2-4 mpg but I'm waiting to do more mods before that. Just running the tune with the kit for now, roush 670 kit.

calebdnehus

Established Member
Maybe I have my foot in it more than I think. I'm not complaining because I bought a muscle car and supercharger so "not so great" mpgs is to be expected. I just thought I would see how I compare to others. Running the VMP email tune, revised final version

hand-filer

Established Member
I'm averaging 21.5 mph (calculated) with an even split of urban and highway driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Maybe I have my foot in it more than I think. I'm not complaining because I bought a muscle car and supercharger so "not so great" mpgs is to be expected. I just thought I would see how I compare to others. Running the VMP email tune, revised final version
On my shelby whipple i used vmp via data logs and it ran pretty good. Went to a speed shop and got a dyno tune. Car ran better and got significantly better gas mileage. I always did email tunes and data logs and they do work. Just not like a dyno tune with the car right there in front of them.

calebdnehus

Established Member
I wish there was a highly reputable dyno tuner around my parts, thats who I'd go with. If I didnt have to drive all the way to California, I'd have Shaun do it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread