New US Air Strategy in Afghanistan

clbailey

Established Member
I work on the f-22, and Id love to go over there and drop bombs on anything that moves. The rest of the world better be glad we have old senile men making the final decisions.

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
To much reading and I have been drinking anyone care to break that down for some of us.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
NANGAHAR PROVINCE, Afghanistan — As his commander greeted a local leader in a district government building one day recently, Air Force Technical Sgt. Tyler Woodson, 20, scurried past them and ran up three flights of stairs to the roof.

WTF :dw: Has to be gaurd.....

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
To much reading and I have been drinking anyone care to break that down for some of us.

Remember the restrictive air campaign from Vietnam, the one where you couldn't target anything that was "near" large groups of civilians, well essentially this is the new plan. This is supposed to help win the hearts and minds of the Afghan.

Edit: My reference was the air campaign before Linebacker 2. Also the air force is supposed to look for ways to "fake out" the enemy. This of course will fail because our enemy is smarter than we generally give them credit for, and if they know we won't use air power this will end badly.

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you......... Vietnam II 'Graveyard of Empires'

Last edited:

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member

I don't know fully how rank structure works in the AF, but the reserves still require you to meet the time in grade and time in service requirements before promotions.:shrug:

clbailey

Established Member
We took some ANG guys with us to the desert. There was a 19yr old SSgt. He was the biggest piece of crap, and didnt know anything about his job, which was weapons. All he had to do was 1 2 3 lift, and hold. I dunno maybe thats really hard!

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member

LOL. I think we are really missing our mark here btw. I understand about collateral damage to civilians and yes it makes me feel bad, but its a evil that comes along with war. This isnt the Democratic National Convention...its war people. Its not all Rainbows and Unicorns.

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
So much Guard hate..... :nonono:

How so? When you guys get deployed you're under the BIG AF doctrine. You don't think (if not a typo), that a 20 year old TSgt is a little ridiculous. Especially if given supervision of other NCO/Airman. Max experience he has in the military is 3 years. I would not want someone that only has 3 years experience to be possibly put in an NCOIC position.

THE_STIG

Established Member
How so? When you guys get deployed you're under the BIG AF doctrine. You don't think (if not a typo), that a 20 year old TSgt is a little ridiculous. Especially if given supervision of other NCO/Airman. Max experience he has in the military is 3 years. I would not want someone that only has 3 years experience to be possibly put in an NCOIC position.

I don't think its ridiculous, I think it is impossible. It has to be a typo.

Users who are viewing this thread