New TV Question ?

Sap

Established Member
So I'm on day three of New TV. It's a Samsung 50" Plasma 1080P 600hz. I forget the exact model.

Anyway, Cable TV from Time Warner looks grainy and stretched on the screen. Blu-Ray's look good and Xbox looks good.

Does the cable company just send over really low quality streams on non-HD channels or do I need to adjust my TV somehow for them?

Just curious as all the OnDemand episodes of Spartacus were like this.

lifter213

Established Member
Yup non HD channels on mine look like poop. So I only watch stuff if it's in HD now.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
So I'm on day three of New TV. It's a Samsung 50" Plasma 1080P 600hz. I forget the exact model.

Anyway, Cable TV from Time Warner looks grainy and stretched on the screen. Blu-Ray's look good and Xbox looks good.

Does the cable company just send over really low quality streams on non-HD channels or do I need to adjust my TV somehow for them?

Just curious as all the OnDemand episodes of Spartacus were like this.

Sounds like you have it to stretch or fill or whatever the setting is on the Samsung. When I watch TV I usually stay on the HD channels but when I do venture into the lower tiers I don't set the display to full screen, I just deal with the bars on either side.

Sap

Established Member
I do have the 16x9 stretched aspect ratio to fill the whole screen. Maybe I'll try it not-stretched to see if it cleans it up a bit.

thanks for the info guys.

PC PaiN

Established Member
I do have the 16x9 stretched aspect ratio to fill the whole screen. Maybe I'll try it not-stretched to see if it cleans it up a bit.

thanks for the info guys.

On mine non HD channels that are stretched don't look too good so I normally just leave them normal and deal with the bars as well.

Users who are viewing this thread