new tune and smell

dead man walkin

Established Member
OK so about 2 weeks ago I had to return the car to stock for some warranty work, one of the things they did was a new pcm flash for some tsb. So here we are a week or so later and after every drive I get a sour skunky fuel smell from the exhaust?? And ideas? I'm thinking it just might need to be blown out and I should just bolt all my stuff back on and tune it and go for a drive.. unless the cats are going bad and then I'd have to go back to stock again and take it in... so what do you guys think? Tune it and blow it out or take it back in for them to tell me its normal

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
OK so about 2 weeks ago I had to return the car to stock for some warranty work, one of the things they did was a new pcm flash for some tsb. So here we are a week or so later and after every drive I get a sour skunky fuel smell from the exhaust?? And ideas? I'm thinking it just might need to be blown out and I should just bolt all my stuff back on and tune it and go for a drive.. unless the cats are going bad and then I'd have to go back to stock again and take it in... so what do you guys think? Tune it and blow it out or take it back in for them to tell me its normal

My car with factory calibration has this exact same smell. Its just the cats doing their job. It is especially noticeable after a hard drive.

Users who are viewing this thread