Swetrid

Established Member
Printable View (2688 KB)
TSB
12-11-12 INTERMITTENT NO START AND/OR ROUGH RUNNING - BLOWN FUSE 13 - DTC P0627

Publication Date: November 16, 2012

FORD: 2011-2013 Mustang

ISSUE:
Some 2011-2013 Mustangs vehicles may exhibit an intermittent drivability condition, crank/no start, a blown fuse 13 in the battery junction box and may have Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0627 stored in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Remove the rear seat cushion. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-10.
Inspect the fuel pump module wire harness for a chafing. Is chafing found? (Figure 1)

Figure 1 - Article 12-11-12

No - this article does not apply. Refer to Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual for normal diagnosis.
Yes - repair the wiring harness. Refer to the Wiring Diagram (WD), Section 5.
Route the harness so that it will lie in the recess area of the rear seat when the seat cushion is installed. (Figure 2)

Figure 2 - Article 12-11-12

Install the rear seat cushion. Refer to WSM, Section 201-10.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
F2UZ-14526-N 15 Amp Mini-fuse

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty/ESP coverage limits/policies/prior approvals are not altered by a TSB. Warranty/ESP coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part and verified using the OASIS part coverage tool.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
121112A 2011-2013 Mustang: Check DTCs, Inspect And Repair Wire Harness (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 0.8 Hr.

DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
14a005 30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by "do-it-yourselfers". Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a Ford or Lincoln dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle. Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage unless stated otherwise in the TSB article. The information in this Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) was current at the time of printing. Ford Motor Company reserves the right to supercede this information with updates. The most recent information is available through Ford Motor Company's on-line technical resources.

Copyright © 2012 Ford Motor Company

SuperChrg'd02GT

5LPWR
Established Member
I appreciate the info - I have experienced several times where my Roush would either not start at all or the starter would cycle repeatedly without turning the engine over. Anyone else experience this? I will have to stop by the local dealership and have them check it out...

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Thanks for sharing. It's always important to share tsb it helps is all out.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Looks like it would be an easy fix at home. If you are having issues remove your rear seat and take a look at the wiring. Takes all but 15 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread