New truck with paint damage

verbal

Established Member
Would there be any problems clay barring and waxing a brand new car? I just bought a brand new F150 this weekend. I went back tonight to sign the paperwork and have it washed. As soon as I walk out the door after signing the paperwork I walk out to a scratch on the fender flare and after looking the truck over I find that the paint is badly covered in rail dust. :fm: It looks like there are thousands of micro specks of rust in the paint on both the metal and plastic parts.

For the scratch, I am guessing the detail guy leaned over the hood when he was washing it and his belt buckle scratch the paint. I am getting them to fix this but I am thinking about doing the paint correction myself. I am just too tired of these guys screwing things up to have them work on my car any more.

Anyways, will I be ok with a claybar and wax? I do not plan on using any type of polish as there are no swirls. Should I be doing anything else?

forcefedcobra

Established Member
wash, claybar, and wax is a must on brand new cars especially when transported by rail! Trust me! I'm a locomotive engineer and my DD gets covered in diesel soot and rail dust sitting at the depot.

verbal

Established Member
Thanks guys. I picked up a bottle of Iron X, a clay bar kit, and a bottle of Klasse sealer. Hopefully I will get it done in the next week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread