New tranny problem updates

Fishdizzle

@DigitalExplor
Established Member
well i had some tranny problems posted an older thread about it a couple days ago ... well today reverse now officially is out and it slips in every gear like 1st will go all the way to redline then it will shift and then when it shifts into 2nd it will slip down shift to 1st then hit the red line then shift to 3rd then the o/d light starts to blink and it wont shift any higher then 3rd ... the freeway was fun 60mph at 3krpms .. and when i put it in 1st manually it feels like the emergency brake is on ... it goes into ford Wednesday to get it check and fixed so idk whats wrong with it or what ... just thought id let you all know .. this is the second time it has going to be fixed first was right when i bought it, it would shift really hard into 2nd then the o/d light would blink .. they "fixed" it by changing the fluids ... so well see any ideas whats wrong?

DeFiant

Established Member
Sounds like the same problems I had last night. I got off the highway and everything was fine. Pull away from the first light and my truck bogs when it shifts into 3rd. A little smoke was coming from the tranny tube under the hood. So I let it cool, add a little fluid just in case and now it won't shift into OD. To get the truck into 3rd I have to manually shift 1-2 then 2-D but it revs up to like 4k and slams into D. Gonna have my tranny flushed and diagnosed ASAP.

DeFiant

Established Member
Greenway Ford in Orlando, FL gave me 2 quotes. $3800 and one for $2800, more details tomorrow. I could just buy a new tranny for that much right? Anyone know where?

Users who are viewing this thread