New track proposal in West TN!!

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Steve,
I've heard a little about this.

Does Eric Wilson have the ability to raise the funding?

It would be great to have another facility near us. I've got a name for T-1: Atomic Bomb. :D

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
Doc, I honestly have no clue. 40 mill seems like a lot of change to raise, maybe that's why it's planned to be built in 3 stages? I just hope it doesn't price itself away from the standard clubs, like Barber.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
ac427cobra said:
Any relation to Alan Wilson?
Bruce,
I wondered about the same thing.

I know a few people that know Alan Wilson, and they haven't heard of Eric. Eric Wilson is from the Oak Ridge, TN area, and Alan isn't.
:shrug:

40 mill seems like a lot of change to raise, maybe that's why it's planned to be built in 3 stages? I just hope it doesn't price itself away from the standard clubs, like Barber.
I agree. It looks like the first stage is $20M. It seems to me that is a lot of money to throw at a track when you consider how much participation is required to receive a return of investment.

George Barber built his track with his own money (while building one of the world's biggest collections of Lotus motorcars and a bunch of motorcycles).

I'd think that building a race track is somewhat similar to campaigning a race team.....in order to end up with a small fortune; you should start with a large one. ;-)

country club style track being planned in colorado
A few real estate developers tried to start one in the Atlanta area. They started with some deep pocket investors, and the track was looking very encouraging. For some reason unknown to me; the idea sorta just went away (I wondered if Rd Atl had anything to do with that?...due to its possible competition?).

After my visit to Autobahn, I think it is a great idea. It seems to me that the country club organization is the easiest way to make a new track work since you receive upfront money from members.

Good luck on the one in Colorado! We expect you to host a R convention when it's complete.

Users who are viewing this thread