new track in colorado

Cobra-R

Established Member
Cool, our own private Cobra R track. :) :)

Congrats Kevin and Gary, we will do all we can do to help support your new endeavor.

Brian

kevin

thanks brian.

for a little clarity. we have land (approx 2600 acres) and more importantly, we have a land use permit (generally difficult to get due to residential development). this permit is for life and without qualifications (most land use permits for tracks now days have review periods where you can lose your use permit). we are in negotiations with a prominant track designer (and you may be surprised who it isn't) and will announce when ready.

this will be a country club style track where club members will have specific access depending on the level of membership. the track will be designed to have differenent configurations. the member will have access to one of the configurations and the other(s) will be rentable to clubs. there will be a few occassions were the entire circuit could be rented. likewise, there will be time where members will get the circuit. clubhouse for members, etc.

there will be other race venues as things build up or as others may want to run their own enterprise on the property.

[email protected]

Last edited:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Congrats Kevin! Keep us informed on how things progress!

Looks like we have a home for the years Cobra R convention!

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
What?!?! Another track that's close, <5 hours drive from my house??? I'm beginning to feel surrounded!!!

That's also great news that PPIR is up for sale and could reopen, anyone up for a group purchase?? haha :-D

kevin

thanks for the congrats. now we go to work.

ppir is now problematic in that it is an expensive track, small, roval, amateur only, and could lose it's use permit when the 600 acres on its south side gets the residential development going. am i biased because i'm involved in the genoa track? yes. but the ppir problems are why we are where we are and why several tracks in colorado have closed and more are on the chopping block to be closed within 1 to 2 years.

Stanger58

Established Member
Saaaaa-WEET!! :banana: :pepper: :banana:

Keep us posted Kevin...and if you're ever in need of some localized PR, marketing and promotions efforts, let me know!

Congrats! :beer:

yamahaSHO

Established Member
Heck yeah, we're running short on tracks. Between PPIR and SCR closing, I haven't raced since October or November....

Users who are viewing this thread