new toy..

Stephen4036

Established Member
so I sold the mustang a while ago for the tahoe and sooner than later the speed loss hit me.. so I bought..

imagejpeg952.jpg

imagejpeg952_2.jpg

imagejpeg952_3.jpg

IMG_20110401_131915.jpg

its a whole different game then cars.. its only a 600 and it scares the shit out of me..

Stephen4036

Established Member
very nice bike. def be careful riding esp if this is your first bike!

it is, i dropped it at like 30 in my neighborhood the first week :(

frame sliders saved the bike :rolling:

but it was a bad situation.. ive put 500+ miles in two weeks on it.. last night i got up to 120mph and ive never felt adrenaline like that before.. ive been in some fast cars well over 170mph.. and 120 on the bike was 10x crazier than that.. but i definetly respect it and wear helmet/jacket/gloves everything i ride her..

DaBigBone

Established Member
Full gear or not... Driving at 120+ isn't a good idea...

Friend of mine just died last week from a crash at 55 mph, wearing full gear..

Stephen4036

Established Member
Full gear or not... Driving at 120+ isn't a good idea...

Friend of mine just died last week from a crash at 55 mph, wearing full gear..

I know its not smart, but buying the bike in the first place wasnt smart either. The gear thing wasnt to save me at 120.. at that speed, a helmet is a brain bucket.. I wasnt racing anyone or doing anything stupid, it was just me cruising in 4th and cruising up to 120 then back to 65.. just wanted to see what it was like..

but im sorry about your friend, its things like that, that keep my parents worrying when I go out on the bike.. you have no control of the situation on a bike..

DaBigBone

Established Member
I know its not smart, but buying the bike in the first place wasnt smart either. The gear thing wasnt to save me at 120.. at that speed, a helmet is a brain bucket.. I wasnt racing anyone or doing anything stupid, it was just me cruising in 4th and cruising up to 120 then back to 65.. just wanted to see what it was like..

but im sorry about your friend, its things like that, that keep my parents worrying when I go out on the bike.. you have no control of the situation on a bike..

Atleast you actually understand that :beer:

I've been so tempted to buy a bike, but I'd end up doing something stupid.

Anyway, nice lookin bike! Enjoy it :burnout:

Stephen4036

Established Member
Atleast you actually understand that :beer:

I've been so tempted to buy a bike, but I'd end up doing something stupid.

Anyway, nice lookin bike! Enjoy it :burnout:

thats what stopped me for years.. but in the end, you gotta have fun and I dont want one when im 30+ and married and shit with kids, thats when it becomes a bad decision, might as well have one and enjoy it now..

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
it is, i dropped it at like 30 in my neighborhood the first week :(

frame sliders saved the bike :rolling:

but it was a bad situation.. ive put 500+ miles in two weeks on it.. last night i got up to 120mph and ive never felt adrenaline like that before.. ive been in some fast cars well over 170mph.. and 120 on the bike was 10x crazier than that.. but i definetly respect it and wear helmet/jacket/gloves everything i ride her..

good. my brother is 22. he just got his first bike. 05 ZX6 with slip on, power commander, it was lowered bu we raied it back up bc it handled like crap! I got him a jacket and helmet for xmas. be safe with it.

Quick89

Established Member
I sold my cobra a few years ago and bought a bike about a year ago. I've got a 2004 GSXR 750, and I will never go back. So much fun.

1Bad04Mystic

Established Member
Nice man, that should hold the need for speed for awhile. People around here are the same way, they will look right at you, and still pull out in front of you.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
PLEASE for the love of everything holy be careful! ALL of my friends that had/have bikes have gone down sooner or later. From full on spills on the road to little bumps in parking lots. Other then that congrats man and have fun. I want a gsxr one day.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
"There are two types of riders; ones that have fallen, and ones that are going to fall"

If you can get on the bike knowing that, you are good to go. Especially if youve already dropped it at 30mph and still got back on.

At least youre not playing a squid riding with a wife beater, shorts and flip flops and no helmet.

I miss mine (95 Ninja EX500), even though it was a pos, theres days I wish I just had something to get on and ride just anywhere.

Stephen4036

Established Member
"There are two types of riders; ones that have fallen, and ones that are going to fall"

If you can get on the bike knowing that, you are good to go. Especially if youve already dropped it at 30mph and still got back on.

At least youre not playing a squid riding with a wife beater, shorts and flip flops and no helmet.

I miss mine (95 Ninja EX500), even though it was a pos, theres days I wish I just had something to get on and ride just anywhere.

yeah, i went 70+ miles right after i dropped it.. and yeah, gear always.

Coiled03

Established Member

Quite possibly the most over-quoted line in motorcycle riding history. It also happens to be complete and utter bullshit.

10+ years riding sportbikes on the street.....never once put one down. If you don't ride like an idiot, and you're aware of your surroundings, it's completely possible to ride without wrecking.

Users who are viewing this thread