New toy for garage

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
Looks like you need to have a puck or something to put all the pressure on the pitch welds

imeyers302

Established Member
Looks like you need to have a puck or something to put all the pressure on the pitch welds

There are rubber blocks that come with the lift. They lift from the factory jack points and don't put any pressure on the rockers.

I went with the XL because you can move the rubber blocks further apart than on the standard one to match up closer to the jack points.

The whole thing is portable and can be stored against the wall in 2 mins. Can throw it into an SUV and bring it to a friend's house to help out.

Last edited:

5lho

Established Member
I was just thinking about this the other day as I lifted the car for the umpteenth time on my $50 Chinese floor jack I've had for over 20 years, onto jackstands so I could do some rear suspension work in the carport of my house. Honestly, I'm getting too old for the scary shit of dropping the car onto jackstands with the unpredictable drop rate of a floor jack and the potentially unstable jackstands. This weekend I have my two ton work van up to redo the rear brakes. It sure wouldn't take long for an investment in one of these to pay dividends in relaxation, less fear, less sore body parts from working in cramped confines, etc. If only the dollar where I live wasn't so low right now....

imeyers302

Established Member
Nice toy. Please tell me it does'nt say "Made in China".

Not sure about that one. I do believe bendpak makes some if not all of their lifts in China. If it is from China I will just have to deal with it. I love the thing to much. Guess I will look at it as a Chinese lift to raise an American car with a Chinese transmission. No matter what you do you cant win.

LS Boss

Established Member
Please take every precaution you can whenever you use this lift. At least it has a locking arm once the lift is raised. I would take the added precaution of using floor jacks whenever using this lift. Every now and then you hear about someone being crushed using hydraulic lifting devices. Not a nice way to pass on to the next dimension.

DaBigBone

Established Member
Pretty cool. A little too expensive for my taste though. I'll just take the minute or two to use my floor jack

imeyers302

Established Member
Please take every precaution you can whenever you use this lift. At least it has a locking arm once the lift is raised. I would take the added precaution of using floor jacks whenever using this lift. Every now and then you hear about someone being crushed using hydraulic lifting devices. Not a nice way to pass on to the next dimension.

As you stated it does have a locking bar on each side which in effect creates a jack stand. Bendpak lifts are tested to 50% over their rated capacity. Not only would the safety bars (2 of them) have to fail but there would also have to be a complete failure of the hydraulics as well. I have used both and this is far safer than using jack stands.

imeyers302

Established Member
I was really looking into getting one of these. How stable is it as far as side to side goes?

It is extremely stable. I was tightening stuff pretty good under there this past weekend and it did not budge. Solid. I am also getting a set of 4, 8" wheel cribs from race ramps. The lift is great but sometimes you need to do stuff with the suspension loaded, so now I will be able to lower the car down onto the cribs and have the car sit on those when I need to. They will also create an additional safety net under the tires while the car is on the lift. It's not needed but may as well if I have them.

It's a little expensive but for $1500 for the lift and cribs, you can do anything on a car. Wheels off, wheels on, suspension loaded, etc... I will never use a jack and Jack stands again. If a friend needs help they can come over or I can bring the lift and cribs right to their house. Worth every penny if you like to work on your own car. Amazes me how guys will say it's to much money, "I will keep using my jack and stands", the they will go and spend $1000 on chrome or painted parts to put under the hood to make the engine compartment look better. To each their own. My life and safety while under a 3800lb car with 4" of ground clearance is worth a lot more to me than the $1500.

Last edited:

blownby

Established Member
a Good jack and set of stands is $300,
$1300 for a great lift really isn't a ton more. Especially if you work on the stang and your daily drivers alot!

Users who are viewing this thread