New Toy - 2012 Golf R

verbal

Established Member
My wife picked up a Golf R last weekend. She went in looking for a TDI Jetta and walked out with this, lol. It was probably a bad idea to bring me as we have no self control together. This has quickly turned into our shared toy and she went out and got a Civic as a daily driver.

There goes my plan of picking up a used GT500 but with the Golf she is willing to share all the costs. Something she would have never done with a Mustang or Vette.

Anyways the AWD turbo is a lot of fun.

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
Looks like a great car, congrats!
I just checked them out on VW page and I was surprised to see how expensive they are (Starting at $39,675).

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I saw one of these at a VW dealer completely wrapped up and hidden in the back of the lot. I guess they are just hitting dealers now.

Post up pics when you hella flush it and put a sticker on the back that says I <3 Haters. Oh, and dont forget illest!

verbal

Established Member
I just bought a 2012 GTI for a daily. Pretty nice car. The interior feels like a $7000 more expensive car.

Yeah, VW makes some really nice interiors. I do think they have cut corners on alot of features though.

Looks like a great car, congrats!
I just checked them out on VW page and I was surprised to see how expensive they are (Starting at $39,675).

I think MSRP was around $36K fully loaded.

You and your wife keep the finances separate?

When it comes to cars and hobbies yes.

Post up pics when you hella flush it and put a sticker on the back that says I <3 Haters. Oh, and dont forget illest!

Lol, no chance.

They are nice little cars but way overpriced.

It was pretty expensive but I feel like everything is getting into the $30K range. Loaded STI's and EVO's are in the $40Ks. We went to look at a new 3 Series and it came out at $50K!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread