New Top (Vert), and MM Rollbar or Cage?

Boosted_Cobra.

Matta fact...
Established Member
Im tired of my Tan Top (2003 Cobra Vert/Tan Top) its got a bunch of marks from being a daily driver; Gonna fork out the cash to get a Black Top (Im replacing the front seats/removing the rears)

Question is, how hard is it to put in the new felt top? I know the glass has to be sewn in? Can you buy the top from Ford with the glass already? Or do they need to remove mine and sew it in to the new one? Who can install this?

Also plan on putting either a Cage (W/swing outs) or a Roll Bar. Sugg? Thanks!

Pics Welcomed!

SpectorV

Established Member
ive seen some entire assemblys (frame and all) for sale on ebay and such~ might be easier for you to do that as putting the top on is not just a snap on kind of deal~ you could ask around at some local install places for price estimate and see which way works best.

svt2ner

Established Member
You can google it, there is mustang sites that sell them but I think its something like $700 with a window, 500 without. Tan looks best on certain colors. Those same spots will show up on black too.

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I just did this. Bought a cloth black top and glass, if you're switching colors you have to buy the glass as well. The bottom sail panel is glued onto the glass and can not be pulled apart. Top can not be dyed well either and will turn out spotty at best. The material is treated with repellent and even the best dyes you'll never get to lay even, looked at this option as well.

The top/glass was $821.58 shipped to my door from Late Model Restoration. Great quality top and glass, even my installer was impressed with the grade of material for the cost. Gotta plug the great folks at LMR as well, great folks to deal with.

Notice I said installer, I intended to take this job on myself as I've done a lot of interior work in the past and not much scares me. After researching and talking to a buddy that owns an interior shop I gladly handed the car over to him. There are just some things that you leave up to the professionals and IMHO this is one of them.

I think it turned out great, couldn't have asked for better results. As svt2ner said, parchment looks good with some colors, I on the other hand have always wanted a red convertible 10th car and when I came across my red convertible I thought 2 out of 3 wasn't bad for the price I was paying and am slowly converting to an Anniv. car.

If you're interested in buying my parchment top and glass it's in perfect condition packed up ready to ship. I'd ship for $300.00. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Jason

Here's the new top:
20090404_4349_50_51_tonemapped.jpg

20090404_4323.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread