New Tomahawk

Raindog

Established Member
I went to the gun show today with the quite misguided notion that I might find a deal on a PS90. Wading through the crowds I came to the realization that it was most certainly not to be and that in fact the entire trip had been an utter waste of time with nearly all of the vendors peddling the usual mall ninja knock offs, wacko bumper stickers and what have you.

Near the end of my journey through this nonsense I spotted a small table filled with very interesting blades run by a fellow who looked to be as nonplussed as I was with the whole ordeal. On a post at the corner of his table hung several tomahawks, all well made and on a different level completely from everything that I had witnessed in the building. Gerry Drew was the fellow's name and all of the work on the table was his own, I was impressed. There was no sales pitch, just a very humble guy who was ready to answer questions.

I had a hard time picking from the hawks as they were all extraordinary, in hindsight I wish that I had bought two. Either way, here's an image of the one I brought home.

DSC_4464.jpg

black 10th vert

Established Member
Very sweet! How much was it? I recently picked up a modern tomahawk made by SOG, and keep that in my truck "just in case".;-)

SRNA

Established Member
Guarantee I went to the same show today. Was it at the AG center? If so, it's always the same garage sale junk. I only went to pick up a few pounds of powder and some ammo boxes.

Raindog

Established Member
Indeed it was, mostly same old shit but the venue was refreshing. I paid 200 for the hawk, quite a bargain considering the Winkler I have commissioned will be around a grand.

CASSPER

Established Member
I went to the gun show today with the quite misguided notion that I might find a deal on a PS90. Wading through the crowds I came to the realization that it was most certainly not to be and that in fact the entire trip had been an utter waste of time with nearly all of the vendors peddling the usual mall ninja knock offs, wacko bumper stickers and what have you.

the more gun shows i go to, the more this becomes fact

Users who are viewing this thread