New to the scene

vols fan

Established Member
Hey guys I got my first Mach 1 today. Its a blue 03 with a 5 speed and 24k on the clock. It has aftermarket wheels which are nice I'm just not sure I'll keep them yet. It also has a Steeda CAI and, I believe, flowmaster weld ins. It has the 6 disc in dash changer. The shifter maybe aftermarket but I haven't had the boot off so I'm not sure about that one. I would rate the car an 8.8 out of 10. You can see pics of the car at the link below, I'll try and get my own up by this weekend. I gave $14,000 for the car, was it a good deal? What do you guys think my next mod should be? I really want to do a Eaton swap or Whipple before the end of the year.

Ken Feagin Truck Sales (864)457-2469

Last edited:

Shackleford

Established Member
I haven't checked values in a long time, but sounds like a good deal to me. A lot less than I paid in 06 for mine with 18500 miles.

Depending on what you've driven before you should probably be able to feel if you have a short throw just by the feel, the stock shifter is horrible. Definitely need to lower it.

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Sounds like a pretty good deal. Not feeling the love for all the "Mach 1" lettering, and the extra stripes in the rear though. Wheels look good. As mentioned above, you need to lower it some. Good luck with it. :beer:

Ohms

Established Member
Not a fan of the full car stripe, shifter looks stock, and the 6disc is stock aswell. Other then that the car looks good! some lowering springs would do nicely!

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
looks like a good deal. to me i would change that stripe with a stock one and remove it going all the way back but that is just my opinion. shifter looks stock. next mod is if you have a stock midpipe get either a O/R H or one of the good catted ones if you cant do O/R where your from. i would say gears if you didnt plan on doing the SC in the next year but if your doing a SC i say save up for some better internals

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
+1 on a good deal....14k for 26k on the clock....that's a nice one.

I'd keep the FR500s install some H and R SS's to lower it....midpipe, php spacer, a real catback, then tune it......maybe an aluminum DS as well.

Eaton swap on stock short block, no proble...do your research first....as for the whippple........Uh, not a chance in hell on the stock short block, IMO.

Oh...and welcome.

EVO-lution

Established Member
welcome bro. Like ponygt65 said, thats a good deal. I payed the same price but double the miles on mine:poke:

first things first, get all the Mach 1 decals off of it. I think the shaker gives it away that its a Mach:thumbsup:

The wheels kinda remind me of the WORK emotions. awesome find with low miles. But yea de.f get that badboy dropped, Maybe go with a better midpipe and catback would be my suggestion

vols fan

Established Member
Thanks for all the comments guys. I do plan on dropping it. How would I go about removing that stripe? The Eaton swap will happen by the end of the year I'm very hopeful of that.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Thanks for all the comments guys. I do plan on dropping it. How would I go about removing that stripe? The Eaton swap will happen by the end of the year I'm very hopeful of that.

Again...research that...LOTS of parts involved.:beer:

Nor Cal Mach

I love this AMERICAN RIDE
Established Member
You can take I off by using a hair dryer and a raisor very carfully. Don't scratch the paint, that's cost more then the sticker.

vols fan

Established Member
I'm going to get the tag remove and the holes filled in and the bumper cover repainted. The blue Mach 1 stickers are coming off as well. I'm going to leave the full car stripe at least for now I kinda like it. I got a closer look at the exhaust today and realized its a O/R x pipe with a full cat back, not weld ins. The tires are not great on the car. The back are 285/35/18, what are the biggest I can put back there without them sticking out side the car and looking stupid? As far as lowering the car goes I'm not set on what kit to use. I had Eibachs on my SS Camaro, what do you guys recommend? One other thing do these cars come with sub frame connectors?

EVO-lution

Established Member
I'm going to get the tag remove and the holes filled in and the bumper cover repainted. The blue Mach 1 stickers are coming off as well. I'm going to leave the full car stripe at least for now I kinda like it. I got a closer look at the exhaust today and realized its a O/R x pipe with a full cat back, not weld ins. The tires are not great on the car. The back are 285/35/18, what are the biggest I can put back there without them sticking out side the car and looking stupid? As far as lowering the car goes I'm not set on what kit to use. I had Eibachs on my SS Camaro, what do you guys recommend? One other thing do these cars come with sub frame connectors?

Yea they come with stock SFC from ford. Not all that great from what I heard. I bought Eibach Sportlines for my car. Just havnt installed them yet. H&R are good springs to use. they have an alright drop just not enough for my taste. You can run a wider tire on the rear depending on how wide the rims are. Find out how wide they are first.

I wouldn't recomend using a razor to peel anything off of paint. Use floss with the hair dryer.. we did that to my boys EVO and it worked flawlessly.

vols fan

Established Member
I had the Pro-Kit on the SS and it looked really good. Should I be concerned with LT's at this point or should I wait til I decide on the S/C to mess with them?

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
sick car, but id loose the stripe on trunk an bumper...an lower it
looks nice, i got mine about same price but a lil pricier with 12k miles...

4valvemach

Established Member
Welcome:banana:

Thats a sweet car and Im sure every one will agree that the AZURE blue machs are the fastest and best looking machs around.Is that a MACH1 I could not tell with "MACH1" used 8TIMES all over the car.I do like the head rest and hood stripe but the rest like the front plate and roof,trunk,bumper stripe must go.

vols fan

Established Member
Im getting rid of the front plate and the Mach stickers on the hood and rear bumper. I'm keeping the stripe and the headrest i kinda like them. I'm going to lower it asn soon as I can figure out which springs to use.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Im getting rid of the front plate and the Mach stickers on the hood and rear bumper. I'm keeping the stripe and the headrest i kinda like them. I'm going to lower it asn soon as I can figure out which springs to use.

Yep...I wish I could've had mine done. IIRC, no one does them anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread