New to the Lightning crew!

95cobby

Established Member
Hey guys I've been on here a while cept for over in the SN95 area. Sold my 95 Cobra back in the end of 05 and just picked up a 99 Lightning the other weekend. I had a lot done to the Cobra, S-trim, full suspension, and just tons of stuff. But all I can say is man I f*&%ing love this truck! I like it better than the Cobra and I've always wanted one. Did the whole detailing right when I got it home and took a few pics so here they are.

cimg0643cp7.jpg

cimg0647ge0.jpg

cimg0651je5.jpg

cimg0148kp7.jpg

cimg0151hg5.jpg

So far it has Flowmaster X-Pipe with Single Chamber Race Mufflers, Oil Seperator mod. I already got a FVTB and 4x4Pan which I will be putting on tomorrow. I also got a SCT xCal2 Tuner. Plan on getting a 6# lower, 90mm idlers, SBTB, 90mm Maf, CAI, and the list goes on, haha.

95cobby

Established Member
SVT99RED said:
nice the only things I dont like are the bug protector and the window things, but other than that it looks real clean!!

Yea I'm not a fan of the bug thing either so it will prolly be coming off soon.

Stewie 03

Established Member
Welcome to the Lightning community! I'd say you made a pretty nice upgrade. Definitely lose the bug deflector and add a lowering kit to your list of future mods. We aren't big on 4x4 L's. :poke: :) Overall, really nice ride and the paint looks great for being 8 years old!

SSKillerF150

Connoisseur of fine whine
Established Member
The bug and window things are pretty handy. The big juicy bugs still hit the windshield but it keeps alot of the little ones off. And you can crack the windows on a hot day and your satellite radio wont fall off the windshield. :)

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
You definitely found a nice one! Has the I/C recall been done on it?

Nice truck. Welcome to the club.:rockon:

Pm your Vin # and I can look up the warranty history for you to see if the recall for the intercooler has been done on the truck.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Congrats on the new BLACK L! I can aleady see you'll be one of the more positive and helpful members of the site; your choice in color clearly shows that.:D

I haven't seen a 99 that close to stock in a long time, nice find. How many miles are on it?

Welcome to the 2nd Gen club man.:beer:

red-light

I see the light
Established Member
RIDE THE said:
Nice truck. Welcome to the club.:rockon:

Pm your Vin # and I can look up the warranty history for you to see if the recall for the intercooler has been done on the truck.
if it hasnt been done will ford still replace it?

Users who are viewing this thread