New to the forum

BLK_5.0

Established Member
Hey guys,

Traditionally, I come from a GM family but have always loved Mustangs, especially 5.0s. I used to have a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT which I loved but in the fall, I had some dealer warranty work done and long story short the dealer screwed my car up beyond repair.They would not take responsibility for it, and fortunately for me this meant finding a new car. I was planning on getting a used Camaro SS or corvette and test drove several. I never found the "right one" and my brother-in-law who has had multiple mustangs including a couple Cobras convinced me to go check some 5.0s out. So one day I stopped by a local Ford dealer and made the "mistake" of driving one. I was instantly hooked and became obsessed with obtaining a new mustang. Originally I had planned on getting the track package on a 2014 GT Premium. When I went to the dealer and drove one, they offered me a deal I could not refuse on a brand new base GT Premium. The rest is history as I picked up a black 6MT 2014 GT Premium little over a month ago. So far I love the car and enjoy driving a manual more than I could've imagined. I've been lurking around here since I bought the car, so I figured I would say hi. I plan on keeping the mods modest for now with a blend of performance and styling.

I plan on adding exhaust/intake/tune as well as possibly the BOSS IM in the future. I also will be adding new wheels and lowering the car in the spring. A couple appearance/tech mods I am looking into are a new spoiler, a touch-screen radio that will work with Sync, and some Brembos.

Sorry for the long first post, I look forward to learning everything I can about this car from you guys and turning it into a monster.

N20D5OH

Established Member
Congrats and welcome. I have the exact same car except it's a '13 and just base but I love it. Good luck with not modding. ;-)

NickSezz

Established Member
Hey guys,

Traditionally, I come from a GM family but have always loved Mustangs, especially 5.0s. I used to have a 2008 Pontiac G8 GT which I loved but in the fall, I had some dealer warranty work done and long story short the dealer screwed my car up beyond repair. :pop: They would not take responsibility for it, and fortunately for me this meant finding a new car. I was planning on getting a used Camaro SS or corvette and test drove several. I never found the "right one" and my brother-in-law who has had multiple mustangs including a couple Cobras convinced me to go check some 5.0s out. So one day I stopped by a local Ford dealer and made the "mistake" of driving one. I was instantly hooked and became obsessed with obtaining a new mustang. Originally I had planned on getting the track package on a 2014 GT Premium. When I went to the dealer and drove one, they offered me a deal I could not refuse on a brand new base GT Premium. The rest is history as I picked up a black 6MT 2014 GT Premium little over a month ago. So far I love the car and enjoy driving a manual more than I could've imagined. I've been lurking around here since I bought the car, so I figured I would say hi. I plan on keeping the mods modest for now with a blend of performance and styling.

I plan on adding exhaust/intake/tune as well as possibly the BOSS IM in the future. I also will be adding new wheels and lowering the car in the spring. A couple appearance/tech mods I am looking into are a new spoiler, a touch-screen radio that will work with Sync, and some Brembos.

Sorry for the long first post, I look forward to learning everything I can about this car from you guys and turning it into a monster.

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your old ride. Sounds like a touchy subject but I at least would be interested to know what they did to cause serious damage.

This forum has a plethora of information already out there. Don't forget to search the forum and enjoy all the reading. If you ever need advise or have any questions don't hesitate to call me at the shop!

Nick
JDM

Badlilstang

Established Member
Welcome to the Dark Side! lol... congrats on the purchase. Just bought my 4th stang a few weeks ago. Like you I had looked at the camaro SS but honestly found its interior boring and it cost more to get the same options a mustang I looked at had. Got my 2014 Auto with Recaro and Brimbo package for 32K plus TTL.. I could not complain since the MSRP was 40,200 on it. Love these cars.

BLK_5.0

Established Member
Welcome! Sorry to hear about your old ride. Sounds like a touchy subject but I at least would be interested to know what they did to cause serious damage.

This forum has a plethora of information already out there. Don't forget to search the forum and enjoy all the reading. If you ever need advise or have any questions don't hesitate to call me at the shop!

Nick
JDM

They did a cam/lifter replacement under warranty. The G8s are notorious for lifter failure due to their Active Fuel Management and there are tsbs about it. Dealer did it in a couple of days then 4 days after getting it back the car started to feel like it was really moping along. All of the sudden the ip cluster looked like a Christmas tree and the car locked itself in second gear. Luckily I was near my apt so I parked it, restarted it and the problem went away. The car would do that intermittently while driving and obviously wasn't safe. Took it back to the dealer and at no charge they inspected the vehicle. After keeping it for 4 days, their only explanation was I think it is the ip has gone bad and that replacing it might fix your problem. Oh ya it was 900$ too. I said screw that and took it to other dealers and a couple individuals and paid out of pocket to have them try and fix it to no avail. They also said the ip breaking was a joke and couldn't believe that they told me that. I had just got the g8 in March and had intake/exhaust/corvette MAF and brakes all ordered to go on too, so I was really trying to fix it (you know how you become attached to your first RWD V8) The problem disappeared for something like 10 days (after some of my own troubleshooting), so I thought I was in the clear when I was going 85mph+ in rush hour traffic fast lane and the car locked up in second gear. After that I swore I would get rid of the car.

Rant over haha

Oh well, it led me to getting a 5.0 and discovering the joys of a manual trans :beer:

BLK_5.0

Established Member
Welcome to the Dark Side! lol... congrats on the purchase. Just bought my 4th stang a few weeks ago. Like you I had looked at the camaro SS but honestly found its interior boring and it cost more to get the same options a mustang I looked at had. Got my 2014 Auto with Recaro and Brimbo package for 32K plus TTL.. I could not complain since the MSRP was 40,200 on it. Love these cars.

I agree, the Camaro is super boring. The only part I really wanted was the 6pot brembos and HUD. The thing that really turned me off was all the dealers I dealt with too. I got my 5.0 for like 28.5 or 29 and I think it was 7 or 8 off sticker. I went to chevy and was like look I want a Camaro but I can get a mustang for under 30k and I was not gonnna pay 38 or 40 for a Camaro. They said that 5.0 is so cheap bc ford knows what theyre selling lmao! I told him to stick it and he could grab any ss Camaro on the lot and I would be more than happy to dust him in my "crappy ford" One dealer even tried justifying why their 2011 used SS was priced at 34k with over 30,000 miles on it compared to the '14 mustang I was looking at. I swear, dealers man lol. Still waiting to kill my first Camaro...I cant wait lol.

Users who are viewing this thread