New to the Forum - have a good question

The Mongoose

Established Member
Hey guys, this is my first post, as I joined up yesterday. I've been a member over on LS1Tech for many years, but recently, have been getting more and more interested in getting a 03/04 Cobra. I currently own a 2002 Trans Am WS6, M6 with less than 45K on her. She's got stainless steel long tube headers and the Texas Speed true dual exhaust system, dumped at the rear axle. She also has a SLP lid. My wheels are CCW 505a, 19x10 fronts and 20x11 rears. The car is mint as can be, so my question is, if I wanted to trade her for a 03/04 cobra with roughly the same number of miles, how much cash would I be looking at putting on top of the trade. I'd really love to find a nice cobra with a Kenne Bell blower on it. Anyway, thanks for the help guys and look forward to hanging out on the "dark side" for while.

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
Hey guys, this is my first post, as I joined up yesterday. I've been a member over on LS1Tech for many years, but recently, have been getting more and more interested in getting a 03/04 Cobra. I currently own a 2002 Trans Am WS6, M6 with less than 45K on her. She's got stainless steel long tube headers and the Texas Speed true dual exhaust system, dumped at the rear axle. She also has a SLP lid. My wheels are CCW 505a, 19x10 fronts and 20x11 rears. The car is mint as can be, so my question is, if I wanted to trade her for a 03/04 cobra with roughly the same number of miles, how much cash would I be looking at putting on top of the trade. I'd really love to find a nice cobra with a Kenne Bell blower on it. Anyway, thanks for the help guys and look forward to hanging out on the "dark side" for while.

I haven't looked at LS1 cars in a long time but I'd say your car would pull in roughly 15k? Look to add another 7-8k on top of that for a properly built low mile KB cobra.

The Mongoose

Established Member
I was thinking it would about 8 grand on top of my trade for a nice KB Cobra. I know Kenne Bell doesn't make the 2.2 blower anymore, so what would be the best KB blower for a mostly street car that would see minimal track time? I really love the way the 2.2 KB blower sounds. Do they all sound like that?

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I was thinking it would about 8 grand on top of my trade for a nice KB Cobra. I know Kenne Bell doesn't make the 2.2 blower anymore, so what would be the best KB blower for a mostly street car that would see minimal track time? I really love the way the 2.2 KB blower sounds. Do they all sound like that?

I'm not 100% sure but I heard the kb's whine louder than the whipples.

The Mongoose

Established Member
I'm not 100% sure but I heard the kb's whine louder than the whipples.

Yeah, I know the 2.2 KB's whine loud as shit, but from what I have read, and seen on YouTube, the other KB's are not near as loud. Like I said, I am new to Cobras, so bear with me guys. I've been doing a lot of seaching on here on Kenne Bell blowers and Whipples. Does anyone have any opinions on which KB option would be the best one for a Cobra with long tubes and exhaust?

Users who are viewing this thread