New to SVTPerformance

jpk

Established Member
Hi All -

I ran into the fellow (known here as Shangsta) that bought my '96 Cobra and he mentioned this forum as a place he hangs out. I'm not a newbie to the Mustang crowd, but new to this site. I like all the chatter that goes on here.

Kinda nerdy, but I've been hanging out on Mustang forums for almost a decade. I started off with the rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang newgroup before the Web took off. The first forum I used to hang on was the old Saleen TechTalk on Saleen.com, but that got shut down years ago when the Saleen folks got mad about folks talking about non-Saleen Mustangs. It was a good small community of suspension fanatics, but Saleen turned all corporate on us for some lame reason. Then there was TheCorral and other rather bland sites. Looks like SVTPerformance has rekindled by interest in the on-line Mustang community!

My big interest is in how to improve the Mustang suspension affordably and get the most bang for the buck performance out of this American icon. I just say "No" to imports.

Chameleon

Established Member
Another color changer! :beer:

Welcome to SVTP! This place is great EXCEPT for one minor detail. The more you read on this site the more you will want to turn your gorilla into King Kong! :burnout:

jpk

Established Member
Yeah, aren't the Mystic's cool? When I had my '96, white was clearly the best standard color for the SN95 - but I occaisionally pined for a Mystic instead. Well, when Ford reintroduced the Mystic for 2004, I was a sucker for the marketing and just had to have it. Yeah, it's gimmicky, but it sure is cool!

One downside - doesn't caring for the paint give you heartburn? I freak out over the paint and am always checking for the slightest spiderwebbing or rock chips. I have a lot of the surface covered by 3M Scotchcal.

I think I'm becoming like Howard Hughes - always fearing acid rain or evil bird droppings will contaminate my paint if I take it outside.

jpk

Established Member
mjzilinski said:
Glad to welcome another mystic owner :beer:

Thanks!

How do you like the Borla Stingers + XPipe combo? I am thinking of getting this for the '04, but a lot of folks told me it is too raspy. I used to have the Bassani CB and Bassani X on my '96 and I loved it, but the price was outrageous and they took a lot of work to line up. I think the Borla looks better, but I don't know how it sounds in person (just heard clips on the WWW).

bp03svt

Established Member
Get the Borla Stingers and an x-pipe! You will not regret it if you like loud, great sounding exaust. Oh yeah, welcome to SVTP.

Users who are viewing this thread