New to SVTF not new to SVTP.

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
Well over the weekend I purchased an 02 SVTF. Car is a blast to drive. Second day of owning it I had some problems, but got those worked out.
Checkout http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/svt-focus-41/689850-new-car-help-cryying.html#post9594245 .

Anyways here I am now with an SVTF and I really live this little thing. I'm just wondering what are some tips tricks you can all tell me about this car. A friend of mine told me I can flip the intake tube so its under the vehicle to get the true RAM air affect. Was also told the CAI on these cars are a waste. Is this true?

I also can't figure out how to turn the fog lights on.

My future mods are Window Tint, possible TF Wheels (Chicanes w/black centers), lowering springs and a short throw shifter.

WhtSuperStang

Established Member
pull the headlight knob out to turn on the fog lights...you can turn it to the side to turn on the lights...pull back to turn on fogs

You'll like the svtf ....its the best daily ive owned!

hdpilot50

Established Member
I wouldn't mess around with the tube. The lower you put the more chance you can take in water. Just leave it where its at and put a k&n filter in. i would look into getting a tune for your car. if you don't mind the loudness, get off-road pipe. otherwise, your not going to get much power out of the car unless turbo or supercharge it. check out focusfanatics.com and focaljet.com

theres a lot more information there on the focus.

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
the SVT airbox is one of the most efficient intakes for our cars, not much of an "upgrade" performance wise, but an open element filter does sound better.

as stated before, best things for these cars are a tune and off road pipe....anything else is a waste on the SVTF engine, unless your going forced induction.

hdpilot50

Established Member
[ame="http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72"]Focus-Power - Focus Fanatics[/ame]

check this out...good wealth of information about getting a tune. It's the diablosport predator that you hook up to your car and upload certain tunes to your car depending on your mods. tomorrow I'm putting on 2.5" orp and flex with a full 2.5" catback, so I got an updated tune to go with the new mods.

orp and tune is the best N/A mods you can do for the svt. maybe worth 10 whp. if you go to the classifieds on focusfanatics.com there is a few superchargers for sale!

VenomRogue

Focus > Mustang
Established Member
orp gets you 7-10 whp (gets loud though, with no cat, but not ricey, if you get a good exhaust,just a heads up)

tune is only worth about 5-8 whp at the top end, however, the midrange is VASTLY improved, and all the quirkyness is fixed.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
http://www.focus.c-f-m.com
FSWERKS (Formerly FocusSport) - Performance parts manufacturer for Ford Focus

Both are great aftermarket sources for the SVTF.
FocusSport is now FSWerks....
I'm using FSWerks Custom Tuner; they set the programmer to your specific engine code & motor-mods :thumbsup:
ORP definitely a must... CFM sometimes has them in stock [their most popular item]
If you install both the FSWerks Front & Rear Stress Bars, it will likely throw off your wheel alignment or that's what it did to my SVTF.

Users who are viewing this thread