new to mustangs and have a few questions

MOB 5.0

Established Member
hey guys Im new to Mustangs and have a few questions about modding...
im going to be getting a 2013 5.0 track package 6MT soon and i just want a intake, full exhaust but i might hold off on the headers cause cops in socal will rape me lol. will i need a tune right after i put these parts on?

thanks

P.S. sorry for the newb question

Last edited:

87hatchy

Established Member
For intake, check out steeda. No personal experience but I've heard good things.

A very popular midpipe would be a lethal off road H pipe, and for mufflers go to youtube and see which ones you like. Very popular ones are the GT500 axle back because they're cheap and sound a good bit better than stock.

Might wanna check with the local cops first before taking my recommendations. I don't want to be responsible for you getting ass raped....

MOB 5.0

Established Member
Intake wise I'm probably gunna get the JLT and exhaust Im still not sure. What's the difference betweem H and X pipe? If I do those two mods would I need a tune?

Last edited:

MOB 5.0

Established Member
I also what to drop the car and I want it to be a aggressive drop, what would you guys recommend?

Ill_W1N

Established Member
depends on the wheel tire combo u want. Too much of a drop and your limited with tire size. Id suggest looking at thr pics section and seeing members rides and what their combo is.

TheYeti

Established Member
Intake wise I'm probably gunna get the JLT and exhaust Im still not sure. What's the difference betweem H and X pipe? If I do those two mods would I need a tune?

yes...both intake and/or mid pipe you would need a tune. X pipe gets slightly better HP but its not noticeable when driving...comes down to more about personal preference in terms of sound.

REPCobra10

Established Member
Eibach sportlines.

This! I love my Eibach Sportlines. The car sits absolutely perfect with them on there. The Eibach Pro-Kit is nice, but it leaves a bit to be desired, in my opinion, in terms of drop. Do the Eibach Sportlines! Lots of us have done them and we all love them.

MOB 5.0

Established Member
Yea I was thinking of going with eibach.. tune wise custom or get a programmer?
Friend of mine suggest to Cunningham motorsports for custom tune. Anyone have reviews on them?
Any other tuning shops in socal?

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
how about i just put a K&N cone and H pipe and AB's would i still be safe to run the car like that?

does cali allow you to have a catless vehicle?

A tune voids your warranty as well.

If you want a tune, talk to shaun@AED. He'll get you on the right track.

To answer your question, no it will not be safe. Do it right the first time.

MOB 5.0

Established Member
does cali allow you to have a catless vehicle?
no they dont but dont really care lol

A tune voids your warranty as well.
yea i know

If you want a tune, talk to shaun@AED. He'll get you on the right track.
will do

To answer your question, no it will not be safe. Do it right the first time.

thanks for the quick replies guys!

Users who are viewing this thread