New to modding

Wile E. Coyote

Established Member
Hey guys I am extremely new to modding cars. I bought my 2014 auto 5.0 mustang about three weeks ago and have decided I want to go forced induction but not till after my sea duty. My budget now is great as me and the wife have no kids or car payments ( been saving for awhile for this car ). The dealers wanted to put me in a GT500 and made me test drive it and a Boss over and over. However I'm no pro and the wife can not drive manual so I chose the auto. With all that aside my questions for you guys are since I'm not doing FI till I get done with sea duty ( about 2-3 years ) what's some great supporting mods I can do now that will build a great foundation for when I get ready to drop in the supercharger. ( I've pretty much decided on the Roush kit phase 2 ). Also I was reading up on the oil debate and I want to start putting in a better oil. I drive in Pensacola right now and every two weeks I make an 8 hour drive. Will 5W-30 work or do you guys suggest 10W-30. I'm not completely car illiterate but sure as heck not as smart as some people on here. I do appreciate replies in advance and the patience from the experienced folk. If I left any important details out for the answers to my questions please ask so I can clear it up.

Last edited:

yarbrouc

Established Member
Just drive and enjoy. Start with an intake, exhaust and tune. If its your daily driver and you plan on going forced induction in 2-3 years I'd save for a lower compression aluminator engine. I wouldn't jump into any supporting mods prior to the supercharger. Oh and don't forget suspension. You'd be surprised how much faster your vehicle will be with just some suspension mods. You can have all of the power in the world but if you can't put it down its just smoke. 5w-30

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Tune, catless xpipe, lower rear control arms, lowering springs, upper control arm, panhard bar and a driveshaft.

Brake and wheel upgrades too.

Also this information is readily available on google

Last edited:

Chaney5.0

10w-30. Entire threads for hotter states about that working better all year round. Amsoil 10w-30 hasn't given me a single tick issue like others experience with other brands and weights. Some get INSANE ticking noises after an oil change every time for a good 500 miles. Me? Not a single issue. Again there are plenty of threads on here about 10w-30 and what different weights for different climates.

How ever 5w-30 will work. It's up to you,

I would just enjoy it now. If you are going to wait 2-3 years then I wouldn't even worry about it. Things might change completely in that amount of time.

clean92lx

Established Member
If your not going to supercharge it for another 2-3 years then I wouldn't do anything that would void the warranty. Just make it look really good with some lowering springs and nice wheels and tires until your ready to go fast...

Users who are viewing this thread