New to me 11 fx4, few questions

mustanginky

Established Member
Needed a newer truck, picked up an ingot silver 11 fx4 screw with the 3.5 ecoboost, 46k miles, certified pre owned.

Truck is in pretty good shape, other than rust in a few spots. On the driver bedside i found a spot where the rust has started. Paint is flaking off in about a 6" area. Its on the underside of the bed. Also found some coming from under the bed rail caps. Anyone with a similar problem use fords corrosion perforation warranty?

Wheels are a dark gray, similar to dsg. They have black stains on them that will not come off. Appears someone used wrong wheel cleaner on them. Anyone know a color code? Should be the same ad the grill or step boards.

I need floor mats, prefer rubber. Its got the flow through console. Any recommendations?

Anybody done raptor bedliner? Or similar diy spray in bed liner?

Anyone add a sub to the factory stereo? Its not the sony stereo system.

And my last, what mods are easily done and require no tune? Is a cai with no tune worth it?

Thanks everyone in advance.

Zemedici

Established Member
Needed a newer truck, picked up an ingot silver 11 fx4 screw with the 3.5 ecoboost, 46k miles, certified pre owned.

Truck is in pretty good shape, other than rust in a few spots. On the driver bedside i found a spot where the rust has started. Paint is flaking off in about a 6" area. Its on the underside of the bed. Also found some coming from under the bed rail caps. Anyone with a similar problem use fords corrosion perforation warranty?

Wheels are a dark gray, similar to dsg. They have black stains on them that will not come off. Appears someone used wrong wheel cleaner on them. Anyone know a color code? Should be the same ad the grill or step boards.

I need floor mats, prefer rubber. Its got the flow through console. Any recommendations?

Anybody done raptor bedliner? Or similar diy spray in bed liner?

Anyone add a sub to the factory stereo? Its not the sony stereo system.

And my last, what mods are easily done and require no tune? Is a cai with no tune worth it?

Thanks everyone in advance.

Not sure about the corrosion

Ford all weather mats are very sturdy for the price, they come as a kit and are about 1/2" thick and custom molded to the truck. Your local dealer can order them for you.

Can you post a picture of the wheels?

My dads always had Line-X liners in his trucks, never had an issue. I'm sure all those liners are very similar.

You can add in a sub but I believe he factory head unit does not have a 'sub' out, so basically it would be a big 'low' speaker, you'd need to swap out the deck, or run a low pass filter.

Tbh the only mod I would do would be a tune. Livernois does incredible things with the ecoboosts.

Users who are viewing this thread