New to Lightnings...suggest some mods

nick6690

Established Member
I bought a 2000 L to use as a daily back in March and it's pretty much stock except for shorty headers and a Bassani catback. I want to mod it, but nothing crazy because I drive it daily and I don't have the funds. I just want to do basic stuff like MAF, intake plenum, throttle body, catless mids, and maybe a pulley and a tuner. I'm just not sure what brands are good and what will work best for my truck and what I want. Make some suggestions please! Thanks a lot.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
^^^^ definitely read the FAQ page, it's loaded with great info!

Personally, I wouldn't worry about a plenum & throttle body until you start making major power. With simple bolt-ons, you won't see much of a gain at all. Since you already have shorties & catback, I would just go with a 6# lower pulley, SCT BA maf or MAFia, tune, cat delete, oil separator, and maybe a cai of your choice. I'm also a firm believer in a good quality valve body to go along as well. Those mods alone will get you a very quick ride with great RELIABILITY.

Last edited:

czen1028

Established Member
Derrick, what kind of valve body you running in that Silver beast?!

Been thinking about one and dont know much to go off of..

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Derrick, what kind of valve body you running in that Silver beast?!

Been thinking about one and dont know much to go off of..

I bought my truck from the original owner, and he installed the valve body (which I LOVE!). I originally had in my head that it sss one of the old FTVB's, but I recently reread his original email to me which states that it is an LFP valve body. I really like it alot.

4a7191a

Established Member
VB is probley one of the best mods to do in these trucks in early life. the original owner must of took good car of it.

Users who are viewing this thread