new to contour svt

prozak1986

Established Member
hi all , 1st post here , just bought a 98 csvt tonight and have a few questions , it needs a new rear bumper and passanger side skirt ( anyone know ware to get them for a decent price ) , also i know its in need of some suspension and breaks , what are the normal suspension issues with these cars ? , also the ignition of the car is a little weird , you put the key in and turn it and it dosent crank ( guy has a push button wired in to start it ) my 1st place im going to look tomorrow is the clutch switch , anything else i should look at for that problem ? ............. thanks for the help in advance

schoony125

Established Member
if he put it that push start button and didnt no much about what he was doing ull want to get a new ignition collum. alot of times those push start buttons short alot of things out and end up not working at all. for the parts check the site www.ceg.com (contour enthusiatics group)

prozak1986

Established Member
so i need a stearing colomn for my key to work right ? , and i just looked over the suspension of the car , i need outer tie rod ends , lower ball joints , front pads and rotors , and all 4 springs ( guy who had the car before me cut them ) he told me they were lowering springs but there painted red and cut , so anyone got any ideas for parts ?

schoony125

Established Member
go to the ceg website. i seen someone selling springs. look around in the classified section. those springs dont need fixed asap but there going to make ur ride super bouncy. ans the stearing colum should fix that. sounds like it was going out so the gu put the push button in it. i would check it out or have it looked at. but break pads arent that much at a local auto parts store

CosworthRS

DemonicGraphix
Established Member
Welcome to SVTP.. Curious. How much did you pick this car up for? I'd recommend talking to some of the other Contour owners. Might be able to help you out a lot. I know Steve from True Forged, aka "Steve@TF" has had a few of these cars and knows a lot about them.

prozak1986

Established Member
paid 1100 for the car , its got 140xxx miles , motor rebuilt 20k ago , new clutch , suspension is just shot and it needed tires so i found a deal on some 17s with new rubber for 200bucks , it also needed a rear bumper and passanger side skirt , i just picked up lower ball joints and new outer tie rod ends today , found a sweet deal on 2 brand new monroe sensi track struts for the front for 75 for the pair , the breaks arnt to bad but they will deffinatly need to be replaced soon , so now im looking for 2 rear struts ( hoping i can find a sweet deal on some ) and also theres only 1 spring that needs replaced ( drivers front ) it looks broke not cut the others just sit so low because the struts are blown out , i will check out ceg thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread