New ticking noise noticed this morning

sleeper02

Established Member
New ticking noise noticed yesterday morning

I started my car yesterday morning and I noticed a "ticking" noise coming from the engine/blower. The temp outside was in the 50's and it was raining. I drove it and it didn't seem down on power, and A/F was reading 11.9 at wot and 14.5 cruising out of boost. I have oil pressure and shes full (5w50 motorcraft), but shes ready for an oil change.

I figured it maybe related to temperature since i first noticed it yesterday and today's weather is similar. I only hear it at idle and a little at low rpm. On throttle it fades away, but my exhaust is pretty loud. When i depress the clutch at idle, the sound doesn't change.

I took a video this am. The sound doesn't go away as the car warms up... which bothers me. I have not checked the plugs yet.

The setup is: 82mm, 47s, bap, 127mm jlt, brisk plugs, 170 deg thermo, o/r xpipe. The install was recent and I only have about 500 miles on the car with the blower. I also emailed Justin with a recent datalog (5th gear WOT).

Here is a vid:
th_20151111_044217_zpsszkjkfzb.jpg

This sound isn't normal. Is it possible my blower was shipper without oil?

Last edited:

sleeper02

Established Member
I took another video. The recording started late, but the video starts with the car coming down from a rev to 2000 rpms. You can here the clicking increase with the throttle and then decrease when it reaches idle. It sounds like its coming from the snub.

th_20151111_144405_zpshuhpv5mv.gif

sleeper02

Established Member
As soon as I have time today, i'll pull the blower belt and then the accessory belt to rule out the motor being the culprit.

sleeper02

Established Member
Got the belts off and started her, sound was gone. Traced the S/C belt and everything looked good. Traced the auxilary belt and found the waterpump bolts were loose. Tightened the bolts and the sound is gone. Problem solved.

Mainn

Established Member
Got the belts off and started her, sound was gone. Traced the S/C belt and everything looked good. Traced the auxilary belt and found the waterpump bolts were loose. Tightened the bolts and the sound is gone. Problem solved.

Sorry, only just saw this thread now (I usually hang in the GT500 sections). Good to hear you figured it out. :)

sleeper02

Established Member
No sweat. Im just happy its all sorted out. Im still loyal to VMP as a customer. Nothing but positive experiences with you guys and your products!

Users who are viewing this thread