NEW TB problem

Ranchero64

Established Member
OK i have been around the mustang thing for quite a while. heres the deal. i just inheareted a 65mm TB the other day and threw it on my car, i had a stocker before. i put it on and it ran fine, not good, but fine. catch was i didnt put in a gasket right away. i dint have one and the parts store had to order it. i finally put the gasket in and now it runs LIKE CRAP. no power till atleast 4000 rpm (makes alot of loud exaust noise but no power at all. It will idel fine for five or six minutes then start to surge real bad and then stall. it will also stall in traffic every once in a while (ANOING) PLEASE help. i cant stand it. unfortunaly i cant put the old TB on it cuz in order for me to get the new one i had to give up the old one(he traded the car in.) HELP HELP HELP!!! IM SO UNHAPPPY WITH IT I WHISH I COULD PUT THE STOCKER BACK ON!!! but :gt: :gt: :gt: :mj: :mj: :mj: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Replace the 65mm with the stock unit. Using a pair of straight pins and a decimal-capable DC voltmeter, take the throttle position sensor (TPS) reading. Replace the stock unit with the 65mm. Set the TPS of the 65mm to that of the stock calibration. The TPS threshold is approximately 1.03 VDC.

Users who are viewing this thread