New SVT owner with Headlamp mist inside

LeKiD

Established Member
Hi everybody , I m a new owner of an 02 sonic blue SVT , 2nd owners and car is very clean completly original, maintenance in a ford dealer. No major damage have been done. I only change 2 link kit since i have the car.

I start to upgrade the car a little, first things is the rear lower trans mount with prothan insert, VERY noticable !! engine does nt kick between shift. Second thing is a K&N air filter in the oem box. Next will be a SCT tuner and hi-flow cat since im concern about emission and exhaust smell.

Presentation is done ! i have a question about headlamp housing, one have mist inside, probalbly unsealed. i work in a ford dealer so i ask for a quote. Damn !! SVT are different than the standard focus, detail 299$cdn and 249$cdn for a non-oem housing.

Do you have a way to repair mine instead of replace.

Thanks all, i read more than i talk, but i find a lot of information on this board !!

Alex

ucntseemeee

2003 SVT Focus
Established Member
its alot of work to fix the misting inside the light. you have to take the unit off the car, put it in the oven, bake it for like 15 minute, pry open the casing...blah blah then re-seal with silicone. its a mess, better off to get new lights

Users who are viewing this thread