New Suspension Set Up

DSGNator

Established Member
I just had my new suspension installed in my SAS Terminator yesterday. This is something I normally would have done myself, but time has not been a luxury of mine lately. I went with Strange 10 way adjustable struts up front, Viking adjustable shocks in the rear, all new spring isolators, and Eibach Drag Launch Springs. Above all else I was looking for weight transfer so my car could actually hook from a launch and I have to say I'm not disappointed at all. I've never experienced traction like this from a launch! As soon as you give it any throttle you see the front of the car immediately raise up. The down side to this new set up is the ride quality. I had the work done at Dynospeed Racing in Memphis, TN and when it was done I had about an hour and a half ride back home down I-40 and I-55. The car bounces like crazy over every bump in the road. I will say it takes rough pavement ok. But you feel every dip and bump in the road 10 fold. I know any sort of race suspension set up isn't ideal for comfort, but does this sound normal? The struts and shocks are adjustable so I know I can change that up a bit. I totally forgot to as the guys at Dynospeed what settings they set the struts/shocks at. I did let them know that the car is primarily a street car but does see occasional track visits.

Also another question for the SAS guys out there, what can I do to make my rear end stop squeaking so much? I thought replacing the suspension might help with that a little, but it really didn't

Users who are viewing this thread