New Suspension Mods

CanuckCobra

Established Member
Hey fellas,

I did some upgrades to the car, so I thought I would share my thoughts now that they've been on for a few weeks. My intention for this car was to put together a well rounded car that could keep up with some of the more exotic cars in the twistys and still be a blast to take drag racing and fool around on the street. I think my next mod will be a mid pipe. But I'm open to suggestions!!

Gears-

I had a set of Motive 4.30's installed. After 3 weeks of fun driving they failed. My mechanic says the metal hardening didn't take, I now have a set of FRPP 4.30's :fm: Anyways I love them and wish I'd done it sooner :rockon:

Rear end;

AC427's Delrin Bushing kit;I can just say that I concur with what everyone else who has done this says, which is it is awesome!! I have only noticed a little bit of extra noise, like a whistle, whether thats from the gears or the aluminum bushings etc..I dont know, but again if you are considering this kit, don't hesitate, I can now firmly plant the rear end in a corner without any fear. This suspension will hold longer than my courage!!

I also installed MM 03 Cobra style IRS Brace, and Billetflow IRS cover Brace at the same time. I can now dump the clutch and not worry about breaking a half shaft, there is probably a 90% reduction in wheelhop with this set up.

H&R 1" Hubcentric wheelspacers, I've added some before and after pics as some guys have been asking lately.

Front end;

I have had the Eibach springs for a while and was in need of some CC plates, came across a deal on a used set of Steeda's and some lightly used Tokicko Black struts as well as some X2 Ball Joints from Chris@BAP racing on this site, I am so amazed at how smooth the front end is now, just amazed, I guess my old struts were really shot.

I may do a steering shaft as I still find the steering a tad numb and heavy.

Here's a before pic;

DSCN0419.jpg

And an after;

DSCN0445.gif

And one of the car from tonight!

DSCN0444.gif

Last edited:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Good feedback.

Now go get a rollbar so you can take it to a proper road course and really learn to drive the twisties.

cobraracer46

Banned
Thanks...does anyone know who makes a good one for these cars?

Griggs Racing makes the best roll bar for 1994-2004 Mustang convertibles because it is a 4 point design that welds in to the bulkheads of car instead of bolting in to the weak floor pan sheet metal like the garbage auto power bolt in set up that everyone like to use. Maximum Motorsport usually makes good parts, but their mustang convertible roll bar is just as terrible as the autopower set up and must be avoided as well.

I would say, go with the Griggs roll bar and add a Griggs racing frame kit as well.

My cobra convertible has both the griggs roll bar+the frame kit and the car is very stiff. I highly recomend this set up for any open track convertible.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
get a set of MM FLSFCs. Will make the most difference of anything youve done

Users who are viewing this thread