New suspension for 2003 Mach 1

04torchred

Established Member
So I decided to post this here as anytime we throw something in the Mach 1 specific section it gets very little attention.

This is for my brothers 2003 Mach 1.

Car info:
Solid axle in the rear still with MM extreme duty rear lower control arms(spherical bearings). MM full length subframe connectors. He wants a nice all around suspension setup. Something he can get a decent 60' with, drive around town and down the highway with. It would be drag strip a few times a year at most and the rest around town, no autocross.

He wants to run coilovers up front for the weight drop, we were thinking and from memory that its best to retain the stock rear springs. With that said we know we need MM cc plates.

However I have been away from the forums a lot, but what is the go to front struts and rear shocks now?

I have full MM suspension on my cobra, but the solid axle is a different game.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Schyler

04torchred

Established Member
Anyone have experience with stock location rear coilovers on a solid axle SN95 to say if they worked or not?

Front is getting coilovers, its the rear we dont know about right now. I have hear unless you relocate the mount they dont work very well.

Users who are viewing this thread