New suspension/ brakes now issues!!

mark23svt

Established Member
Hey guys just got new MM street/track irs package the level 2 kit installed as well as ford Racing cover, lowering springs (race springs) new Bilstein struts and shocks, front bushings, bumpsteer kit, new perf rotors, hawk pads, stainless brake lines and painted calipers. Well first the rear is leaking mechanic told me he over filled it, that it’s coming out of breather hole. Second brakes feel soft almost grabs towards the bottom( told me that it should adjust after a bit of driving). A big one now is gear noise it’s loud now when I’m on the gas and cursing louder then my exhaust ( Mac exhaust) and last thing is I didn’t really like the ride height with the drag springs a little too high up front. I removed the rear upper iso but the front kept both. Just still seems high for aftermarket springs. I know I could search but just wanted to see if you guys had same issues and with miles it did adjust. I have a Fore level 2 kit, bmr subframes, sway bar waiting for install also saving for ahr longtubes and steeda k member for summer.

Attachments

• C9D5DB35-4C70-4B1B-866D-76F7D0E7D69C.jpeg
    C9D5DB35-4C70-4B1B-866D-76F7D0E7D69C.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 108

01yellercobra

Established Member
If he didn't mess with the gears you're just hearing the noise now because of the bushings. Especially if you went with aluminum diff bushings. They transfer the noise better than stock rubber.

It is possible that the oil is coming out of the vent tube. I overfilled mine when I installed the diff cover. It's pretty easy to tell where it's coming from if you get under the car.

The brakes need to be bled some more. There's probably air in the ABS pump. I went through that when I swapped calipers and all the lines. I used a Motive bleeder when I did mine. Did you bed the brake pads? That does make a difference, but they should still grab more towards the top.

I have no experience with drag springs. If they're clocked in the control arms correctly then it might be just where they are. Depending on the spring they might settle after a couple hundred miles.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
If it’s H&R Race Spring’s they will settle after some mileage and the weight of the car sitting. As long as you have them clocked in the right position. Trust me I was pissed after a friend and I installed mine it didn’t look different took a few weeks to settle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
is the brake pedal actually soft and needs to be bled or its not stopping because the pads havent been bedded? Ive noticed the hawk hps dont stop for shit until you follow the bedding procedure. If its a soft pedal they need to bled again as mentioned.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
You may need to bleed the master cylinder if the symptoms still arise after bleeding it at all 4 calipers. That happened on my car. I changed all 4 rubber brake lines to MM SS braided ones and I bled all 4 lines and calipers and the pedal was still spongy and soft and barely grabbed at the bottom. Bled the 2 screws under the brake fluid reservoir and bam, problem solved.

mark23svt

Established Member
Checked right now and it seems like diff leak is stopping. My friend brought his cobra bday defitly the brakes seem to have air, they don’t grab anything until half way. And I think the MM did come with aluminum mm bushings for the irs so I think that’s what the noise can be.

mark23svt

Established Member
If it’s H&R Race Spring’s they will settle after some mileage and the weight of the car sitting. As long as you have them clocked in the right position. Trust me I was pissed after a friend and I installed mine it didn’t look different took a few weeks to settle.

Dam am I glad cuz it doesn’t look way different from stock.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I’ll ask my mechanic about air in abs pump and bleed the brake resovoir.

Did you crack open the ABS system or did it operate while the lines were off the caliper? It should be a separate system. So if not it shouldn’t need bled. If so a computer will be needed to do it.

mark23svt

Established Member
And I have bbk longtubes and x pipe but I hate how those sound. My previous car had bassani mids and x pipe sounded way better. Saving for a ahr 7/8 and 3 inch x pipe

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did you crack open the ABS system or did it operate while the lines were off the caliper? It should be a separate system. So if not it shouldn’t need bled. If so a computer will be needed to do it.

What do you mean a separate system? The ABS pump is connected to all the brake lines. If the lines were left open long enough air could've made it up to the pump.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
What do you mean a separate system? The ABS pump is connected to all the brake lines. If the lines were left open long enough air could've made it up to the pump.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

The way I was always told. When I did brakes on my 96 GT back in the day there should be no need to bleed the abs for just changing calipers or hoses. Well my dumbass spun the new rotor on the hub. The abs pump kicked on and got air in the system due to this. I was told my a Ford Master Tech. When I worked at the dealer at the time doing light line and oil changes. After I bled and bled with no effort I probably induced air into the abs pump. So it had to be bled. He told me if I hadn’t of done that it shoulda been fine.

So as I always understood if you were just changing calipers abs hoses it shouldn’t require bleeding.

01yellercobra

Established Member
The way I was always told. When I did brakes on my 96 GT back in the day there should be no need to bleed the abs for just changing calipers or hoses. Well my dumbass spun the new rotor on the hub. The abs pump kicked on and got air in the system due to this. I was told my a Ford Master Tech. When I worked at the dealer at the time doing light line and oil changes. After I bled and bled with no effort I probably induced air into the abs pump. So it had to be bled. He told me if I hadn’t of done that it shoulda been fine.

So as I always understood if you were just changing calipers abs hoses it shouldn’t require bleeding.

If the car wasn't turned on then the pump shouldn't have activated. If you swap the lines fast enough then you shouldn't have a problem with air in the ABS pump. But if the lines are left open the fluid will drain and cause air in the ABS pump. I wasn't fast enough when I did my front calipers and all four lines. I ended up having to bleed the ABS pump. But I did it by going into a wet parking lot and slamming on the brakes a few times.

mark23svt

Established Member
I believe I do have air in abs I’ve been driving it around for a couple of days now so car can settle and I think I’m just getting used to it but it hasn’t improved. I’ll be taking it back so they can fix it after this dam cold front settles down.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
You may need to bleed the master cylinder if the symptoms still arise after bleeding it at all 4 calipers. That happened on my car. I changed all 4 rubber brake lines to MM SS braided ones and I bled all 4 lines and calipers and the pedal was still spongy and soft and barely grabbed at the bottom. Bled the 2 screws under the brake fluid reservoir and bam, problem solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT

What he said ^^^

Users who are viewing this thread