new supra

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by ZX2Down
NA 6 might not be bad, yamaha got 220hp from one 14yrs ago i wouldnt be amazed if toyota can get around 380 w/ the right tooling, gearing, pcm, ect...

And that would be impressive... but its just, the latest supra has a faily large pair of shoes to fill... a pair of shoes that would have a hard time being filled by natural aspiration.

Last edited:

Cobras_Rule

The Terminator Rules
Established Member
Whats the deal with all the import car companies screwing up their top cars? I mean all the older models like the 300ZX's, Celica's, Eclipse's, and now the Supra. All of which had turbo or AWD versions and now they dont. It realy shows that they dont know jack about what their customers want.

03CobraCCC

Wheaton Warbird!
Established Member
the hell did they do to that car????

they just butchered the supra name.

NA V6? Im sure all of the Supra enthusiasts would rather pay the 38,000 sticker for the TT I-6. You wanna know what comes with a NA V6? a chrysler Sebring. End of story.

Its like they're saying "here ya go, we give up, we lose, you win."

ScaryGT

Established Member
Originally posted by jonas
The supra is supposed to be a world class sports car not a car that gets waxed by a 23k gt or wrx.

Cobra Snob! :bash:

03CobraBro

Established Member

It should be in the 400 range. At least mid 350

Atleast! Esspecially if they plan on charging as much for this new supra, as they did for the previous Supra back in 1994 (alittle more than 40 grand, and that was back then!)

jonas

Established Member
I think they should make a cobra z06 viper level car somewhere between 350-450 hp stock and charge 60k if they have to. Its worth it in image alone, look at what the viper did for dodge.

03CobraBro

Established Member
I think they should make a cobra z06 viper level car somewhere between 350-450 hp stock and charge 60k if they have to. Its worth it in image alone, look at what the viper did for dodge.

Yep... Well I probably wouldnt pay 60k for it if I had the money (which I dont) but Im sure someone would. I do like the latest gen supra, though, reguardless.

But I imagine at 60k if they offered something comperable or (hopefully) beyond what the mid 90's till present supra offers, that would be a fair price.

jonas

Established Member
yea and the supra isnt exactly meant for the masses. Its for the true toyota nuts as well as other sub exotic real true street supercar nuts

SVTSTORM

Established Member
Gosh....we got a little monster here......BRING ON THE PAIN! do you have the specs for this car?

SVTSTORM

Established Member
No offense to diehard Cobra fans...but I liked the old Supra....it was kick ass....just a personal opinion....

"SNAKIE"

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTSTORM
No offense to diehard Cobra fans...but I liked the old Supra....it was kick ass....just a personal opinion....
I agree! If parts werent so damn expensive let alone the maintnence( which i doubt happened often with those engines), i would drive one now instead of the cobra.:)

SVT Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by LCCOBRA
Engines are set to be 3.0- and 3.5-liter normally aspirated V6s matched to a six-speed close-ration transmission.
Toyota wisely will avoid expensive and complex twin-turbo engines for the new Supra, which should allow for asking prices in the $30,000 range.

looks like the supra is toast even before its born :lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread