New Sub Box and Amp rack

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
I've been kicking around the idea of actually finishing my system, and after some motivation I decided to bite the bullet and finish this thing once and for all. Previously I had been rocking an un-covered box that looked and sounded like shit. But now I've finished my new box and it not only sounds much better, but actually looks pretty decent.

Test fit before covering it:
DSC_0771-1.jpg

Covered (sadly, that was the old box underneath the new one :nonono:)
DSC_0776-1.jpg

And this is how it sits in the truck:
DSC_0779-1.jpg

DSC_0781-1.jpg

That should be all for now until I get bored with it and think of something else to do.

Last edited:

03CaLi_BoLt

SicK@SVT
Established Member
nice....maan i need a system bad.......over the weekend I am gonna see if I can fit my 15 solobaric back there....haaa

It won't fit I tried the 15 a to big of a magnet and it won't sound that good so I ended up jus goin with 2 12 solobarics and even then I didn't have any leg room

DjKush

Established Member
Yea 15's won't work nicely just go with two twelves fits perfectly and IMO gives me good leg room at least enough 4me and nice work looks good

04SVT-L

Established Member
looks good. haha and who says 12's are too much! in my other f150 i got 2 12" subs and a 2400watt amp. now thats too much!

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
looks good. haha and who says 12's are too much! in my other f150 i got 2 12" subs and a 2400watt amp. now thats too much!

My single 10in sub at 750w RMS is too much for this cab.
Im already more than capable or rattling every damned part of the truck with it.

1990stanggt

Established Member
My single 10in sub at 750w RMS is too much for this cab.
Im already more than capable or rattling every damned part of the truck with it.

750w RMS? Must be one of the high end subs, in that case, all you need is 1! :rockon:

Great looking enclosure though, I too wish I could build my own. I may give it a shot one day, but will probably just buy the MTX thunderform box and use my own subs.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
750w RMS? Must be one of the high end subs, in that case, all you need is 1! :rockon:

Great looking enclosure though, I too wish I could build my own. I may give it a shot one day, but will probably just buy the MTX thunderform box and use my own subs.

Fosgate power series...thing is just ****ing huge. rated at 600w out the box...I can tell you itll suck down more :D

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Fosgate power series...thing is just ****ing huge. rated at 600w out the box...I can tell you itll suck down more :D

Fosgate has actually gotten pretty bad over the years! Their older stuff was MUCH MUCH better. I mean yeah they still hit but their older stuff was a better quality.

System looks great man! I've been debating about selling my system because I just don't use it to its full potential anymore and I don't visit competitions. Hell if you think the fosgate power series is loud....you should check out Digital Designs Audio aka "DD". I have two of these bad boys in a 3cu.ft ported box getting 1,000 watts RMS a piece....and thats waay underpowered for them. They are rated at a generous 1200 RMS:pepper::pepper::beer:

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/09/woofer09_3500e.asp

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Fosgate has actually gotten pretty bad over the years! Their older stuff was MUCH MUCH better. I mean yeah they still hit but their older stuff was a better quality.

Their PUNCH shit has been going down the tubes, their POWER stuff hasnt given as much as a hiccup to many.
I own no punch products since they are trash.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Yeah man looks good. Your build is pretty much identical to my setup. A custom sealed box with the built dimensions of cubic air noted my my 12..
PA040624.jpg

PA040631.jpg

PA040630.jpg

Only downside it is weighs in around 75-80lbs...:(

Good job and the box and installation. Cheers..

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
Looking good. I have never really been a big fan of elaborate sound systems in my vehicles (hell the cobra still has stock mach series lol) up until my bf sold to Kryo and then sold back to me his sub-- now I dont know how I ever lived without it :lol:

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
looks good! is that black wrapping paper?

LOL, no its really cheap fake leather for the time being. It looks much better in person. I eventually want to cover it in the matching gray alcantara but this will suffice for now.

For those who are thinking about building one, just do it. Take your time and be patient. I by no means consider myself a carpenter, but it really isn't that hard. It took nearly 3 weeks of casual work to finish the box and it came out pretty good. Even with a crappy sub (I got it from a friend for free) and a severely underpowered 300 watt amp, this sub has already rattled a few interior pieces loose in the 3 weeks I've had it.

Users who are viewing this thread