New Stock Supercharger

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
I blew a bearing in the stock S/C.....it has 13,000 miles on it....2004....well....warranty covered it....now....the new supercharger is at the dealership now....what i want to do..is paint it..before they install it.....what paint did you guys use???.....they said it would chip....cuz..its aluminum...what are your thoughts??????..thanks....kennster :rockon: :rockon:

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
oh..i am going to paint it black......i just want to know what too use????....and how to prep it.......thanks...

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Dupont Hi Temp Engine Enamel most good auto parts stores have it
It has ceramic in it so it can hold up to the heat, you can get it in spray cans

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I had mine spayed with reguler automotive paint.No problems... scuff it up and make sure you wipe it down with Paint thinner...Gets all the oils off from your hands.

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
I did a "how to" in a post when I painted mine. Sorry it's late and I'm too lazy to find it. :)

100_2243.jpg

Blackblower.jpg

100_2252.jpg

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I just painted it last week..I just drove it in 96 degree weather stuck in bumper to bumper traffic and everything is perfect. I also used a zink oxide primer. Its all in the prep!!!! If you dont take the time and prep it good it will bubble and peel.Remember cars down here bake in the sun all day long.The temp of the paint get to several hundred degrees.You can paint everything under the hood EXCEPT headers with regular automotive paint.Take care

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I hope to get the Metco Idler off tonight or tomorrow and get the black Billetflow one on. It should look sweet. But I need to change the Power steering pump in the GF's Tiburon first. :bash:

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
wow.....chris and hyvltge...thats exactly what im looking for......thats HOT man...black is tha colour.........ok.....now i have to look for hyvltg's post on how too....thanks again guys ^5sss

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Here is a pic of mine.I am thinking about taking the plem off and polishing it or buy one thats already done. :beer:

115_1568.jpg

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
I used high temp paint and high temp clear. Believe it or not I used a file on the Ford and SVT on the front to knock it down and get it smooth. Then I used a 9 volt battery as a sanding block and sanded it going finer and finer with the grit, finishing with 2000, 2500 and 3000. Then I topped it off with some polishing compound. I purchased a sanding / polishing kit from Sears and used it on my Dremel type tool to knock the rough stuff off of the ribs. A nice sharp file then helps smooth it out. Then before paint, I masked the ribs with 1/8 masking tape (purchased from an auto paint supply store). Then for the front letters, I dabbed just a small amount of vaseline on them so the paint would not stick as well and be easier to remove. Then once it was painted I CAREFULLY used a razor blade to "cut" the paint off of the letters.

Hope this all is clear. Let me know if you have questions or need help.

Users who are viewing this thread