New stereo begins and some random pics :)

NotOrange...

Established Member
Just got the new sub box, so I put my little sub and amp in the trunk to see what it'll look like... and then I took some other pics just for fun :)

I know, I know... I Will get matching front rims :(

CIMG0738.gif

CIMG0737.gif

CIMG0757.jpg

CIMG0754.jpg

CIMG0752.jpg

CIMG0748.jpg

CIMG0745.jpg

CIMG0744.jpg

NotOrange...

Established Member
lol... I am 6 foot. But I guess by all my low pictures, it does seem that way... I didn't even notice they were all that way...

zPipes

Established Member
I like the custom fitting box. I've been dabbling around the idea of making an enclosure that fits to the spare tire opening. I have pretty much decided that my loud thumpin days are over. I do use what little trunk space I have so I don't want to lose it.

My last car, which was a 99 Sebring, that I got rid of in 05 for this car, had 2 Cerwin Vega - Vega Series 12's that I built 2 seperate ported boxes 2.2 cubic square ft to spec. They were pushed by a 1000 watt Clarion digital class D amp. It was one hell of a system, I had Infinity Kappa speakers throughout the interior pushed by a Power Acoustics amp, all feeding into an Alpine Cd Player. I also had a 1.0 Farad Cap in the trunk also. It was all mounted and wired up very neat, with $500 worth of wiring, mostly Rockford Fosgate.

I always thought about opening up my own stereo shop back then. I was quite into car audio and got to be very good at selecting systems and wiring, and installing. It was fun times though, but I don't have the urge anymore to go around booming. Now my urge is to be fast, classic, and loud(engine/exhaust)

How things change as you get older eh?!!

zPipes

Established Member
Oh btw.. Soundstream used to be a great brand, you've had this setup for quite some time havent you? Precision Power was also around back then as a big name.

NotOrange...

Established Member
I actually just picked up this setup. I always wanted to do this, just never had the extra $$ with the Cobra and all.... lol. I suprisingly don't want a bunch of bass with this setup, just to sound good. well maybe a little bass :) considering the 500watt sub and 1000 watt amp (at 2Ohm)
and yes I will be cleaning up the rubbers on the sub... I just got it so I wanted to test fit it all. Can't wait...

I'm really happy with the sub box. I got it off ebay for $80 brand new and it's exactly 1 cubic foot (exactly what I need to run that sub)

and I actually did have 4 10" competition PPI subs in my old crownvic.

Users who are viewing this thread