• Really make it a frankentang with a S281 wing

Votes: 56 32.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StangGt00

Supporting the GWOT, USN!
Established Member
Just got the stang back from Steen Racing after the Steeda Spring and Bullit shock/strut install. The drop was 1 1/2 front and back from stock. I must say that this thing rides and handles better than stock while keeping good clearance for the long tubes.

Now here comes the poll part. Should I keep it wingless, go with the Roush spoiler (to match the front bumper) or do the S281? Vote now :coolman:

Angle.jpg

side%20profile.jpg

back.jpg

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I like the wingless look, but then again I'm not a fan of the extra ground effects. Since u went with the Roush front, it might look better with their wing. See if someone can photoshop it for u. Nice car.

StangGt00

Established Member
I would live it if someone could photoshop some different wings on it.

Thanks for the compliment. It aint a terminator, but it can hang with some stock ones :burnout:

Jefe

Established Member
I dont think the Roush wing would look good because you dont have the side skirts. I vote for Saleen.

This will give you an idea with the side skirts

5120c954.jpg

And it looks like you need some 18's you get rid of some of that fender gap. Looks good!

Last edited:

lloyyd

Cobra-less again
Established Member
If not for the front bumper I'd say wingless. But with the bumper it needs something in the back.:coolman: IDK what the Roush looks like though.

Jefe

Established Member
This is the Roush:

IMG_0676-1.jpg

18.jpg

Last edited:

BrewSnake

the Serpent King
Established Member
That looks pretty clean wingless. Especially with that color.

StangGt00

Established Member
HoustonGT said:
Take out the front isolators and then get the 99-00 GT wing moved back about 1.5"

How much more would that drop the front?

I have never really liked the factory spoiler on the 99-04's, hence the reason I swapped it for the S351, then to the wingless. The only ones I would consider would be the S281 or the Roush. I really like the roush and think it would flow better without the side skirts than the S281, but the S281 is also badass with the right side skirts and scoops.

Some photochopping pros would be HIGHLY appreciated.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
I agree take out the isolators, youll get about another 1/4 to 1/2" drop in the front

HoustonGT

Established Member
redocmach1 said:
wtf do you have done to your gt if its n/a and is putting out over 300whp and tq???
Probably all bolt-ons, full exhaust including LT's, and heads and cams

OneFastSnake

Established Member
Normally I would so go wingless but with that bumper I would reallr go either Saleen wing or roush

StangGt00

Established Member
Thanks for all the compliments and input. I would love to see it pohotoshopped so I could make my decision. You know how when you see it on someone elses car your like, it's ok, but when you see it on yours you have a totaly different opinion.

Oh and yeah, its all bolt on's, heads, cams, bullit intake, long tubes etc... I am waiting for the custom Comp 278's to come in so Steen can install and retune. I should be making close to if not more than 340 with this setup and the 10.5:1 CR stroker, but off the shelf cams are not maximizing the potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread