new springs?

:decepTion:

Established Member
i got a 01 true blue vert on a bilstein suspension kit 33/32 mm and i cant clear anything, driveways, speedbumps, dips in the road that are unavoidable especially since i live in chicago and the streets are always crappy i was wondering what is everybody's opinion on what i should do to raise my car a bit from the ground so i can clear things and not high five the damn pavement every 5 miles.

basically i want to still have the performance and i dont want to look like im ready to go off roading either like the stock suspension is set up your input is greatly appreciated

would 18" rims help with clearance vs the stock 17"'s or am i just dumb and think that would even help lol

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
18s might help a little but you've got to look at the overall tire diameter not just the wheel size. I'm running an eibach prokit with no isos up front and the iso in the rear. I LOVE the way the front sits but I want the rear lower, thinking about cutting the eibachs in the back to bring it down some.

I've got longtubes and a 3" mid pipe to a 3" catback and I've got to crawl over speed bumps but I don't have a problem with regular driving. (I also have 18" faleens with 35sidewall tires to give you an idea of what I'm working with)

Established Member
im on the stock 17x8 with 40 sidewalls i believe yea i tried yesterday to go over a speedbump slow as hell angled too even to try and help it out but it wasnt a pretty result i cringed at what i heard :mj:

flamed03vert

Established Member
I went from H&R SS to Steeda Sports to get a little extra ground clearance. I wanted to be able to drive the the car like it was meant to be driven and not have to slow down for every little crack in the road.

Established Member
i notice my right side of my exhaust hangs slightly lower than the left so which way would be better to angle into the a speed bump? i did right hand wheels first but didnt work for me and going left first seems like it would drag it up the bump then

3B99SVT

Top down makes me smile
Established Member
If you don't have any isos in, you can add them. If you have rubber isos, you can replace them w/poly isos. Either will give you a little more clearance. Also, if your exhaust is hanging low, have you loosened all the connections then jacked the exhaust up at its lowest spot and then tightened everything back up? That might get you a little more clearance also.

Cobra of 1999

Established Member
I went from H&R SS to Steeda Sports to get a little extra ground clearance. I wanted to be able to drive the the car like it was meant to be driven and not have to slow down for every little crack in the road.

hey.. in that pic is that the steedas or the h&r.. i dont like the h&r because in my vision i see them making the back look lower than the front.. maybe you could send me a pic with both.. i love the way the car sits in that pic tho

Users who are viewing this thread