New springs to go with aluminator setup?

mktbull1

Established Member
Hey guys, Happy New year to all

Im swapping my engine with a almost 75lbs lighter aluminator motor, I think i will go with H&R race springs but also wanted your .02 if spring rate is correct to dropped weight of +-75lbs. ?

03 cobra coupe

thx

Last edited:

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Hey guys, Happy New year to all

Im swapping my engine with a almost 75lbs lighter aluminator motor, I think i will go with H&R race springs but also wanted your .02 if spring rate is correct to dropped weight of +-75lbs. ?

03 cobra coupe

thx

Spring rate is a characteristic of the spring, not the spring-car combo. So no, it will not change from the listed spec.

SlowSVT

Established Member
That equates to 35 lbs less static load at both corner on a 3700 lb car. Not enough mass to mandate new springs IMO.

Jefe

Established Member
Take a spring iso out if it raises the car up a little bit

mktbull1

Established Member
thx guys, one iso up front ( just not sure top or bottom ) and top + bottom back ?

@mystic03 maybe even less the 75lbs.

Jefe

Established Member
Each iso is about 1/4". One iso wraps around the spring coils and the other sits between the spring and the perch. I would take the ones that wrap the springs out

If you just take a front one out on each side you will have more of a raked look. If not, take the same iso out in the back. Or move your battery to the trunk...

Ya Aluminator removes 70-77 lbs on average, may not affect ride height enough to notice

SVTDice

Established Member
If you are going to spend that much money on a aluminator. I'd also spend some money on getting a light weight battery as well. That will save 20+ pounds. And a lightweight Racecraft K member. So

+
+

The weight savings add up. You see what i'm saying?

mktbull1

Established Member
thanks guys,

@Dice , I wish I had the money, I got the aluminator cause it was a deal i couldn't pass up so the project is under a medium budget :), Im going with steeda x2 joints, all MM front bushing, solid steer shaft, bump steer etc, all FTBR IRS replacement bushings.

slvr35th

Established Member
The steeda ball joints will lower the car too so I would leave it alone and not run the spacers that come with the ball joints!

Users who are viewing this thread