New springs alignment correction?

Frankjuliano40

Established Member
I recently purchased Eibach sport line springs for my 2011 v6 mustang and I was told that I have to do something about correcting the alignment issue so my tires won't wear fast? I want to know what anyone else has done to fix this problem or if they have these springs if they have affected your alignment? I was told I need to buy new control arms etc. would like to know if I need to buy new control arms and if so what are good ones?

helli217

Established Member
I recently purchased Eibach sport line springs for my 2011 v6 mustang and I was told that I have to do something about correcting the alignment issue so my tires won't wear fast? I want to know what anyone else has done to fix this problem or if they have these springs if they have affected your alignment? I was told I need to buy new control arms etc. would like to know if I need to buy new control arms and if so what are good ones?

Wrong forum for this first of all. This is the suspension marketplace.

Also a quick search will reveal tons of info.

Basically-

You have have Eibach Sportlines and stock struts? Struts will wear out eventually because of lower ride height and increased spring rates. You will have to upgrade them eventually as the struts will blow and ride will degrade, become bouncy, etc.

You definitely need a front end alignment. The camber and toe is likely out of spec. This will cause irregular and accelerated tire wear and possibly shitty handling characteristics.

Control arms are not necessary but are recommended, especially for the rear. A set of control arms with poly bushings will enhance the rear end control and allow you to correct control arm angle and improve traction in a straight line. Rear upper control arm will allow you to correct the pinion angle of the driveshaft which is likely out of spec or close to it after lowering.

This is basics, do a search, there's a TON of info on this site. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread