new spoiler for the Boss

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
FYI the Boss spoiler is a major PITA to take off. Took over an hour and we ended up cracking it. Ford used like 2 sq ft of tape in addition to bolts; I bet you could tow a trailer with the spoiler. :nonono:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
FYI the Boss spoiler is a major PITA to take off. Took over an hour and we ended up cracking it. Ford used like 2 sq ft of tape in addition to bolts; I bet you could tow a trailer with the spoiler. :nonono:
It's actually very easy to get off it you use the right tool. I used this heavy nylon string that Home Depot uses to tie your Christmas tree to your roof of your car and had it off in five minutes.

P1030011.jpg

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Yeah I know that trick, but we had issues with where the tape goes around the studs. Can't really slide that stuff through with a bolt in the way :shrug:

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I used the same twine as 5 Dot 0. I cut through the outside pads, then lifted the edge of the wing, slide the twine in and cut the rest of the way through using soft interior trim tools to wedge between the wing and the trunk as I went along.

One thing that I was disappointed with on the American Muscle wing was that they didn't paint the lip black. I have a white wing on a Red/White Boss and it really needs the black tip to set it off. I'll pull it back off and paint it with a texture black.

Jason

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread